Sunbrella travel cover ?’s

Looking for solid reviews of owners experience with this cover.
    - ease of installation
    - fit
    - stability durning travel ( does it ride up over the gunnels etc)
    - are the gunnel areas lined with soft material
    - any gel damage during a long tow
    - likes and dislikes

Its a fantastic cover. Always dry, never any leaking and tows well.

- the winch tie downs and straps keep it secure. Never rides up during travel.
    - the sunbrella material has soft flocking underneath to prevent gel rash. Ive never had any issues and have used it for 2 seasons.
    - no gel damage what so ever
    - The only dislike is the cost, but its worth the price. Its a quality product. I would highly recommend it.

3. Member
    Great cover that won't cause rash in most cases. Fits tight and can be installed on boat in 5 minutes. Best cover on the market by far!

4. Member
    Best cover on the market. I never tow without it and never have a problem. If you order one, don't freak out when you first try to put it on. It will seem too small. That's the beauty of it. Once you work it on and it stretches out a little it fits like a glove, no loose areas to cause rashing. Goes on fast and easy. I have had mine 3 seasons. Crank it down tight and enjoy it.

5. Member
    Thanks guys for the information! It’s on the build sheet.

I have had both Aqualon and Sunbrella covers from Basscat. The Sunbrella is a FAR superior cover for both waterproofing and gentleness on the finish. I am very picky about removing and storing the cover. I make sure the inside of the cover never touches the ground. I see many guys just pull them off and lay them on the ground. Either cover will pick up dirt, grit and other things that will scratch the finish. Buy a big duffle to keep the cover and poles in one place and protected.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mag...rel-duffel-bag
    Last edited by 06 SB; 12-06-2020 at 09:56 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

This is very good advice on never allowing the backside of the cover to hit the ground. Once this happens it’s very hard to care for them well. The trash gets wound up in the material and the boat gets dirty every time the cover is used. Rolling it into itself, with a portion of the outside exposed is the proper way to stow and store it.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I have had both Aqualon and Sunbrella covers from Basscat. The Sunbrella is a FAR superior cover for both waterproofing and gentleness on the finish. I am very picky about removing and storing the cover. I make sure the inside of the cover never touches the ground. I see many guys just pull them off and lay them on the ground. Either cover will pick up dirt, grit and other things that will scratch the finish. Buy a big duffle to keep the cover and poles in one place and protected.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post

Thanks for the information and duffle storage idea!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    This is very good advice on never allowing the backside of the cover to hit the ground. Once this happens it’s very hard to care for them well. The trash gets wound up in the material and the boat gets dirty every time the cover is used. Rolling it into itself, with a portion of the outside exposed is the proper way to stow and store it.
    Thanks couldn’t agree more.

I just used mine for the 1st time this past weekend. Very nice cover. I towed with it and everything was perfect when I pulled it off. Question? What is the correct height adjust for the poles? Also are you supposed to tow with the poles attached ?
    thanks
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

Yes, tow with the poles in place and the height has to be adjusted to tension the cover with your equipment package, which changes the tension on the cover as the options raise over the console in some cases.

BCB

ok thanks BassCat
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

13. Member
    Thanks for asking about this, I’m interested in buying one of these as well and had similar questions on quality.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Flyer View Post
    Thanks for asking about this, I’m interested in buying one of these as well and had similar questions on quality.
    Good information on this thread!