Adding pedestal bases

I might go with a 17 or 18 Xpress bass boat and I asked Xpress if they would add extra bases for seats and they said the dealer will do it. Not sure how I feel about that. I would like to have three up front, three in the back and maybe one in the middle in the floor. My idea is that sometimes I want to anchor in a river and fish out the back for cats or stripers and would move the rear seat from the middle factory position and put it on one side and move the front seat to the back on the other side. Same deal for crappie in the front. The middle seat might be for taking three people fishing and them not having to stand the whole time. Has anyone ever done this?

Also is there a pedestal base that could be used for a swivel bass seat and a ski pole?

I could get the crappie version of the same boat but that does not solve the rear issue and I hate to have a livewell up front on the crappie model as I'm not a serious crappie guy at all and want that spot for bass gear

I know it's never going to be perfect, but I want to be able to bass fish two people about 60 percent of the time, and the remainder fish in the current for cats, fish up front for crappie, hunt from the boat have something the wife and son could do occasional water skiing out of.
    Could use some advice.

Don't see how you could get 3 seats up front because of the width and the storage areas. 3 in the back I don't think would be any problem. Might consider the millennium sidekicks for up front, but that would only seat 2.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

3. Member
    Don't want three seats front or back. Want the original base in the middle for when two guys bass fish and two more bases front and back for when I want to sit two guys across front or back. I'll look into the sidekicks.

Ok gotcha. That case, either would work. I have the sidekick and really like it.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

5. Member
    Just checked my X 18, putting 2 additional bases in the back might be doable, appears to be possible to move outboard about a foot on either side of the rear pedestal with another one but up front gets tougher. Don't think you would want a base on one of the deck lids so you have to move forward and outboard of the existing base, trolling motor on the port side could be an issue plus it does narrow up. Not sure it there would be an interference problem with structure under the decks

6. Member
    Thanks for eyeballing it. I'm thinking that Millennium sidekick might be the best solution.

7. Member
    Hows a dealer going to put in the below deck bracing for the bases ??