Dealer Rigging Costs?

For those who had dealers rig their boat electronics, what should I expect to pay to have my Lowrance units( X-15, LMS 480) replaced with the 93sv UHD + Livescope in a 18' 6" Alumacraft tiller boat? Local dealer only sells Garmin units and they claim to do it everyday but they can't/haven't given me an estimate so I'll ask the "community". With the cost of the units I want a professional to do the work, so I get the best out of them, but I'd like an idea as to the cost. Thanks !!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you seen any of their install work? Are they reputable? I know boats are different but they should be able to give you a ballpark figure. The units are not difficult to install.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I've seen the rigging of their boats in the showroom and they look flawless, but the price tag on some boats is almost 100k, they should look flawless. Definitely a reputable dealer as a LOT of tournament anglers use them to keep their boats/motors running smoothly. But I agree they should be able to give an estimate.

4. Banned
    Do it yourself and do it right. But I’d think they would charge $200-$300 per graph with shop supplies. Your boat might be easier to run wires through though, but might not be either.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 12-02-2020 at 04:04 PM.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Gotcha.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Badger - I just sent you a pm with some details. I hope it helps.

As for the boats in their showroom - just b/c the boats are there does not mean that the dealership's staff rigged them. Many boats are rigged at the factory. Also, given how busy the industry is of late - if you did not buy your electronics from them they may not want to do the rigging due to available time of their technicians.

All the best.
    BCB Lynx
    Mercury 250 ProXs 4-Stroke

7. Member
    I had some installed recently. I think the fee was along the lines of what grout scout reported. It took them all day to disconnect a gen 1 HDS 5 at the bow, a gen 1 HDS 7 at the console, LSS1 , all the transducers, and a Motorguide trolling motor. Installed new 12" Garmin on the bow and console linked together , a livescope and a Garmin Force trolling motor. I wasn't wild about paying the going rate but I got some consideration since I bought the units from the same place. Took them all day. I could have done the job myself but would have been a longer process. These guys knew what they were doing and did a good job although I did have to make a couple minor tweaks later on my own. It works well and is paid for so I'm happy. Warranty is also better on Garmin when you have an authorized dealer/tech install them.
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    I look forward to putting in stuff myself... I couldn't imagine letting anyone else muck with my boat.

9. Member
    $125 an hour for a top end install with top end materials.

Depends if the boat already has PROPER size wire and fuse.

I personally would get a Lithium battery and mount it up front so you may not have to run any wires.

11. Member
    I would like to have LS and graph installed as well. Dealer can provide equipment and materials needed. Madison isn’t that far for me and I would be very interested in finding out your experience and who the dealer is. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRedd View Post
    For those who had dealers rig their boat electronics, what should I expect to pay to have my Lowrance units( X-15, LMS 480) replaced with the 93sv UHD + Livescope in a 18' 6" Alumacraft tiller boat? Local dealer only sells Garmin units and they claim to do it everyday but they can't/haven't given me an estimate so I'll ask the "community". With the cost of the units I want a professional to do the work, so I get the best out of them, but I'd like an idea as to the cost. Thanks !!

12. Member
    I used Jones Trolling Motor Service to remove my old lowrance units etc and install the Garmins and LiveScope. New wiring was also part of the installation plus taking me out on the water to show me how to operate/setup the units. Well worth the money and the drive to have it done correctly the first time. Since I bought the units from them and had them install them, they gave me extra warranty as well.

13. Member
    I enjoy installing electronics. But that said, there's one thing I'm not confident in, and that's mounting a thru-hull transducer. Any idea what it would cost (ballpark) to have that alone done?
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I used Jones Trolling Motor Service to remove my old lowrance units etc and install the Garmins and LiveScope. New wiring was also part of the installation plus taking me out on the water to show me how to operate/setup the units. Well worth the money and the drive to have it done correctly the first time. Since I bought the units from them and had them install them, they gave me extra warranty as well.
    Since I had lots of "club points" I used them for even more of a discount at Cabela's. If I went thru the dealer I wouldn't have been able to use the points or the Black Friday deal prices on the Garmin units. Hope the dealer doesn't charge extra for not buying from them as I'm sure it will be a hefty installation price as is. As a repeat customer I would hope they wouldn't take advantage of me.