Question Sunbrella vs sharkskin durability

Can anyone explain why sunbrella ranks lower than shark skin on durability. And is that weakness in durability covered under the warranty.
    ...Greg

SharkSkin to our understanding is a treated fabric, lighter in weight, that does not breathe. Sunbrella does breathe and is an actual fabric like a softer canvas. We don’t know about the rating, though we do like Sunbrella and we use Sunbrella Supreme on our best covers. That product is out of availability and we secured the last rolls. After it expires we will either go to the options of regular Sunbrella or Aqualon.

Aqualon is also a treated fabric which is 11 ounces a yard, while we believe SharkSkin is only 6.5 ounces per yard.

I have had 2 sharkskin covers, both were high quality, custom fit. Based on what I saw, I do believe that it was a breathable material but it was definitely lighter weight than the Sunbrella Cover I had on my Gambler and the Aqualon I had on my Charger. I don't tow with a cover on, so that was not a big deal to me, but I could have with it, it's very durable. It's a price/value/performance question as a Sharkskin cover is going to be, or should be considerably less than a Sunbrella or Aqualon cover. I was pleased with the ones I had. You will need to re-treat them with water repellent every few years.
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)