Mercury 250 4s Pro xs. Height

How much taller is the new 4s 250 over the 2s pro xs. I have a steeper driveway that really raises the motor when going through the garage door.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Roughly 3" taller at the top of the cowling.... and roughly 5-1/4" deeper at the back (that might be taller if the engine is tilted).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixon-Dan View Post
    How much taller is the new 4s 250 over the 2s pro xs. I have a steeper driveway that really raises the motor when going through the garage door.
    In the exact same boat here, no pun intended. It's a 3-step process getting my boat out of the garage:
    1- hook up to truck, trim engine all the way down and pull clear of garage, and stop
    2- trim motor up high so skeg doesn't drag getting out to the street
    3- put engine bracket and go.
    that's just how it is while we live here and have a steeper driveway.
    When I first brought the Bullet home, I took off the engine cowl before I backed under the garage header. Cowl comes off anyway after each trip so I can inspect, but I'm glad I didn't have to add this 4th step to the process.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

4. Member
    I am same as you but in addition I have to put PP down some pull out and then put back up. A pole barn would be nice.

5. Member
    I hear ya bro. When I get a detached shop, I'm thinking garage doors will be 12-feet wide x 12-feet tall just for good measure!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    Not picking new boat up until first of the year. Have a Ranger 518 dvs now. It’s def a 3 step process and a tight one at that.
    I am hopeful with the hydraulic plate I can make it work.