heading to the lake tomorrow to bring the RV home for some repairs

we bought the 2007 Rockwood Roo 233 hybrid from a gal I worked with. I knew it needed some work and now the time has come.
    when we bought it the gal I got it from said whoever had it before them had let something in the water system freeze and bust. it ended up being the water separator housing that had broke. so when it broke apparently some water had got to the floor. it was a little soft when we got it but now its to the point it has to be replaced.
    we used it this last weekend and almost stepped through the floor. so have some ideas on how to fix it and got some other small stuff to fix on the awning as well as some weather stripping needs replaced so hopefully ill be able to keep the water out so to not cause any more water damage. so hopefully ill be able to get everything i need.
    some of the parts I already have found but the weather strip around the fold out beds might be a challenge to find. so hopefully ill be able to get it all done and get it back before the winter is over.

2. Member
    Good luck with the repairs, Luke! You may have already checked, but a search may yeild some Rockwood forums (rv.net) that could help you find some of the product, or alternative, you need for the beds.

3. Member
    Check out Forest River Forums, lots of great info.

4. Banned
    A 13 year old trailer is at the age of being a money pit. Make thrifty repairs. Put a piece of stop sign over the soft floor and gorilla tape the awning.

5. Member
    Our trailer was built in June of 2020. Lots of things Forest River didnt do to prevent leak problems. Im pulling the furnace today as its making a rattling noise and dealer is a 4 hour round trip and 100 in fuel . I wouldnt own any RV without being able to do repairs myself.

I have quite a few things that I want to do.
    the floor is a major thing which I have a plan to fix that that shouldn't be to hard really.
    some of the other things that I would like to get working correctly I am not sure of.
    like the Furnace, it has multiple vents in the camper down towards the floor. but hot air only blows out of one that is in the front portion of the camper. and the duct that comes out of the other vents isn't barely warm at all. so would like to figure that out.
    another thing is the fridge, it has the little slide thing for setting the temp in the fridge. even on its lowest setting it will still freeze stuff like milk etc. that is in the fridge. not sure what's up with that either.

7. Member
    By your description your furnace is ducted so more than liley you have one of the two common issues. (1) critter nest in duct work or (2) disconnected/Rotted truck line. Step one is take a shop vac (full size one) and block of ducts and individually blow air through each one. If that appears good, open the two that are farthest apart. and check of air. If it there you may have a failing fan.
    Your RV fridge is an absorption type try putting a battery operated fan in the fridge box and circulate the air and see if that helps, good news its cold.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

can understand the duct problem.

not understanding the fan part of the fridge.
    in the fridge things freeze on the lowest setting even if they are on the door shelf at the bottom.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post

in the fridge things freeze on the lowest setting even if they are on the door shelf at the bottom.
    Make sure the thermistor is hooked up the the sliding thing. If it is, and still not acting right, it can be easily replaced.

If you have floor vents, you likely have a belly pan (tarp material underneath) on your trailer. Remove it and check the air ducts. They look like cloths dryer vent hose, but usually not aluminum.

10. Member

These fridges work on absorption system where an element or flame heat the refrignat there is no compressor and had no internal air circulating meand in the box. Your original description had me thinking that the items towards the fins were freezing, by putting a fridge fan in the box it will circulate the air. If all the items are freezing then you have a thermistor problem.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Started the teardown of the floor this afternoon. it amazes me how cheaply campers are put together. there is a thin piece of plywood on the bottom underside of the camper then a 1" piece of Styrofoam in between and a 1/4" piece on the inside floor then the linoleum flooring. mine is all rotted so got some more stuff to dig out and think im going to try and put some 38/8 plywood on the underside and seal it up then do the inside floor repair.
    just crazy how they are put together really and for the price of what they cost.

on my air ducts they are low but are not in the floor. they are in the walls of the camper. haven't tackled that one yet.

12. Banned
    Started the teardown of the floor this afternoon. it amazes me how cheaply campers are put together. there is a thin piece of plywood on the bottom underside of the camper then a 1" piece of Styrofoam in between and a 1/4" piece on the inside floor then the linoleum flooring. mine is all rotted so got some more stuff to dig out and think im going to try and put some 38/8 plywood on the underside and seal it up then do the inside floor repair.
    just crazy how they are put together really and for the price of what they cost.

on my air ducts they are low but are not in the floor. they are in the walls of the camper. haven't tackled that one yet.
    This is how the make them "ultralight."