Javelin trailer Vin info

Having trouble finding my vin info on my factory trailer. 2000 javelin renegade 20. Most of the decals are faded is there a tag riveted somewhere or maybe a stamp number anywhere. Thanks
    Disclaimer: Post Intended as Fun and NOT to Hurt Feelings

If my memory is correct on my 1999 Renegade 19 the trailer vin number is stamped into the metal on the top part of the trailer tongue just behind where you fill the brake fluid reservoir. Look at where the tongue makes a Y and the frame starts on each side of the tongue.

Trailer under my stratos had a printed plastic film tag with the vin on it along with other info. Only the last 4-5 digits of the vin were actually stamped in the frame around where JR19 describes. Never could figure out what good that faded out plastic film tag did. Mostly ground off and covered in new paint job now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Trailer under my stratos had a printed plastic film tag with the vin on it along with other info. Only the last 4-5 digits of the vin were actually stamped in the frame around where JR19 describes. Never could figure out what good that faded out plastic film tag did. Mostly ground off and covered in new paint job now.
    The vin number stamped on the tongue of my trailer contains several digits.

Thanks guys

When I ordered my boat I had the dealer get me a second sticker for the trailer because I knew it it stayed outside for years it would completely fade away. I still have that sticker in my original packet just in case.
    I don't know why they put the serial / VIN number on a sticker that can wear or fade, just stupid.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I found those several digits stamped in the frame. Is that good enough for the tag office to get a tag.

Not if they require a proper 17 digit vin. You got any documentation (registration, bill of sale, etc) that provides the full vin that you can refer to?

Can we get an update from the the person who started this thread?

I think I'm going to have the same issue with the 1993 Javelin I plan on buying. I'm going to need to register the boat and trailer here in KY before itends up with my kids in CA.
    I'm sure the sticker is beyond reading and if only part of the trailer serial number is stamped into the frame I'll have to have a path forward.
    Could the boathistoryreport.com possibility have the trailer info ???
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Coach185; 02-26-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P