Garmin Force worth it or not?

I was wondering whether or not the Garmin is worth it. I know it's version 1.0. I've heard very mix reviews on it. Thats the same with every trolling motor though. The ultrex is still having problems and it's been out for a couple of years. I know every brand mass produces them and none of them are USA made anymore. I was just wondering what was everyone thoughts on it.

Overall I like mine! Deploys Easy, love not having that big cable flopping back and forth. Its very smooth and fast. Doesn’t use much battery. The remote is nice and floats.

What I don’t like; No lighted arrow to show which way the motor is pointed at night.
    I’m not a fan of active captain! There has to be a better way. Setting up the TM with the Remote has a learning curve, it’s not very intuitive! I’ve played with mine so much now that it’s become much easier after spending some time on the phone with Garmin support.
    Garmin is still working out some kinks. Foot pedal becomes disconnected from Bluetooth and has to be re paired. In some cases the foot pedal was replace. I think this one has been fixed. Foot pedal Speed control also looses connection. I just had my pedal replaced for this problem. The other problem has been with Anchor lock taking you for a very short ride once engaged then moving you back to the original location. No fix for this one yet! Having said all of this others have had perfect success right out of the box. I wasn’t so lucky. Im sure the next update will take care of these bugs. Garmin support has been fantastic!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Overall I like mine! Deploys Easy, love not having that big cable flopping back and forth. Its very smooth and fast. Doesn’t use much battery. The remote is nice and floats.

What I don’t like; No lighted arrow to show which way the motor is pointed at night.
    I’m not a fan of active captain! There has to be a better way. Setting up the TM with the Remote has a learning curve, it’s not very intuitive! I’ve played with mine so much now that it’s become much easier after spending some time on the phone with Garmin support.
    Garmin is still working out some kinks. Foot pedal becomes disconnected from Bluetooth and has to be re paired. In some cases the foot pedal was replace. I think this one has been fixed. Foot pedal Speed control also looses connection. I just had my pedal replaced for this problem. The other problem has been with Anchor lock taking you for a very short ride once engaged then moving you back to the original location. No fix for this one yet! Having said all of this others have had perfect success right out of the box. I wasn’t so lucky. Im sure the next update will take care of these bugs. Garmin support has been fantastic!
    I've heard a lot of troubles with the foot pedal. I know you can hard wire it in but is it anyworth of doing so.

4. Member
    You can also get a heading sensor as well for the lighted arrow. That is probably what i'll get because we do a lot of night tournaments.

5. Member
    I installed mine in June along with 3 Garmin graphs. Knock on wood, but I haven’t had any issues. One graph froze up but turning it off and than back on solved it. The motor hasn’t had any issues, the pedal has always had connection and I run it from my console graph quite often when tooling around the lake. Setup was easy, I just followed the directions. I would recommend. I did rewire with 4 gauge marine wire to the motor and 10 gauge to each graph. Adequate voltage is the key to newer electronics and they use more juice than the old stuff. I noticed quite a few people commenting on low voltage problems using their existing wire and associated components.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

6. Member
    mine arrives today! I hope I dont have too many issues. Anything has to be better than minkotta and their penchant for breaking and leaving me trolling motorless during my days out fishing!
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

7. Member
    You should be happy, the longer battery usage alone is worth it.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

8. Member
    Yep you'll like it