Ordered Guidewear

Just ordered my first set of Guidewear bibs. Wondering if BPS changed anything related to the manufacturing of Cabela’s guidewear jackets and bibs that any of you might have noticed.

Hopefully the quality’s still there and it’s an item that will be completely waterproof for several years at least.

2. Member
    Congrats. Guidewear is Top-of-the-line

i hope it is as great as mine has been, i know i got ridiculed when i first bought it and for what i paid, but fished an all day straight down rain on Eufaula first use, me and the TD were the only two dry people that had anything to do in the tournament, has seemed like a bargain every since
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

4. Moderator
    Guidewear is what I have and will ever have.

5. Member
    The only change I noticed from my originals and the set I bought about seven years ago is the bib zipper only drops from the top. My original pair would unzip from the bottom or top which was great on a bio break.

6. Member
    My guidewear is 7 years old and still great.

7. Member
    Hope it's a good purchase and keeps me dry. I like to fish in cold weather, but it helps so much if you can stay dry and warm. It's just the bibs for now. I have an older Cabela's dry plus insulated rain jacket that has held up very well and I'm hoping it's still good for a little longer.

8. Member
    Love mine a lot. Almost 10 years old and I wear them a lot. Could use a new pair because of fading, but really the only thing wrong with them is that the straps on my bibs have lost elasticity.

9. Member
    Great choice. My set is over 10 years old. One of the best investments I ever made. Quality rain gear is a must have.

It is my cold weather gear not just rain gear. Layer up under the bibs and you are good to go. My jacket is kinda stiff so I only wear it if it is really cold. Bought mine over 10 years ago and it is fantastic.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Love mine
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

12. Member
    Bought a new set one year ago. Highest quality I found and I looked at all of them. Enjoy.

13. Member
    Mine is 10 years old and still performs flawlessly. Yes they are expensive, yes they are worth it.
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

14. Member
    I've got 10+ years on my GW Lites. Had to sew up the crotch in the liner once, and regularly clean and treat with DWR (think I use the Grainger). My bib straps are losing their stretch but I've compensated by adding enough personal girth to hold 'em up!