Thread: 300 PRC Help

300 PRC Help

I know this is a long shot but I have to ask: I have a new Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 300 PRC on the way and by the looks of things, I wont be able to shoot it for a long time. Shame to have such a fine (and expensive) rifle and not be able to fire it. If anyone has any leads on the following, I would greatly appreciate a PM or you can text/call me at 270-743-7953. I have looked at all the online places that I know and called every place that I know within 100 mile radius.

- Hornady Precision Hunter Ammo 300 PRC 212gr ELD-X (Up to 10 boxes)
    - Hornady Match Ammo 300 PRC 225gr ELD-X Match (Up to 15 boxes)

- 300 PRC Brass prefer ADG Brand but will consider Hornady in small quantities due to its marginal quality

Thanks in Advance for anyone that may be able to help!

2. Member
    i see both
    listed on gunbroker.com right now. i dont see any brass

Quote Originally Posted by ohio 1760 View Post
    i see both
    listed on gunbroker.com right now. i dont see any brass

I saw them too... I am not to the point where I am willing to pay $80-$100 per box

That would suck.

Just curious as to why you chose .300 PRC caliber? I’ll bet you’ll love that rifle by the way. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Just curious as to why you chose .300 PRC caliber? I’ll bet you’ll love that rifle by the way. Congrats!
    I have a few buddies that have had custom rifles built in this caliber. The type of long range(1000-1500yd) accuracy they have experienced sold me.. Plus one of them has now shot 11 animals including 2 caribou from Alaska, and not a single one of them has taken a step once shot. Plus, I just wanted something different from the everyday rifles you see. I will be pairing it with a Leupold Mark 5HD 2-25x56 MIL Scope

Good luck in your quest. The only ammo I’ve seen on the shelf lately is .17 HMR and .350 Legend. You might try signing up with AmmoSeek or one of the other ammo search engines for notifications.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Good luck in your quest. The only ammo I’ve seen on the shelf lately is .17 HMR and .350 Legend. You might try signing up with AmmoSeek or one of the other ammo search engines for notifications.
    Thanks. I use AmmoSeek about 4 times a day just to make sure I dont miss anything. I did find 8 boxes in LA thanks to a tip from someone but still going to look for more just to be safe. I will reload my rounds once I have some brass.

Quote Originally Posted by WIR3D 2 FISH View Post
    I have a few buddies that have had custom rifles built in this caliber. The type of long range(1000-1500yd) accuracy they have experienced sold me.. Plus one of them has now shot 11 animals including 2 caribou from Alaska, and not a single one of them has taken a step once shot. Plus, I just wanted something different from the everyday rifles you see. I will be pairing it with a Leupold Mark 5HD 2-25x56 MIL Scope
    Good answer!!! Good luck with it. I’ve heard good things about the PRC calibers.