Wrapping fiberglass fenders

Read a thread recently where someone was investigating replacing fenders...another suggested wrapping, and I was intrigued.

Anyone do this? If so, any special skills needed? My fenders are single-axle and the 1 has spider cracks on 1 from alligatoring a tire years back. Thought this would be a good alternative, if not too labor-intensive. Thanks, Mike

2. Member
    Never done it or seen it done but it seems to me that it would be fairly difficult as there are so many curves, etc. on a fender.

3. Member
    Yeah I agree, especially curving 1 way, then the other...a compound curve if you will. Wonder if it's possible? Hopefully a wrapping guru chimes in, let me know.

4. Member
    I had my 1990 Ranger 482v quoted a few months ago. Single axle trailer with fiberglass fenders. They wanted 2500.00 to do a full wrap on the boat and 1200.00 to wrap the fenders. Gentleman told me the fenders were time consuming was the reason they were half the cost of the entire boat.

5. Member
    You might be able to do only the most visible parts, rather than entire fender? There are some guys that do immersion wrap (Hydro wrap) for bows, guns, fuel tanks etc... Might be worth checking around. Especially if you can remove the fenders and bring them to a guy... Good luck!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Lol... op's post was about hiding cracks etc. A wrap will do that , hydrodipping hides nothing. It is not "hydro-wrap" or "immersion wrap".. take the whole wrap word out when talking about hydrodipping please.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Lol... op's post was about hiding cracks etc. A wrap will do that , hydrodipping hides nothing. It is not "hydro-wrap" or "immersion wrap".. take the whole wrap word out when talking about hydrodipping please.
    Thanks for the education. I wasn't sure, but had seen that locally for other items... Not necessarily for a cracked fender.

Mike would a good fiberglass shop be able to redo your fenders ? Would believe that would be cheaper route but, could be wrong.