Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    There are three places that is impossible to get food from because the lines are back out and onto the road where I live.

1. Arbys
    2. Long John Silvers
    3. KFC
    Y’all must not have much of a selection. Arby’s is good but the other 2 are crap.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Y’all must not have much of a selection. Arby’s is good but the other 2 are crap.
    No ?icky D' s out west

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Got to be better than carp?

4. Member
    We used to take my MIL, she loved LJS. It was a big deal for her to get to go out and eat there as she was pretty much home bound in her 80s. I could hardly choke their food down, always left me feeling sick.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

5. Member
    I met the inventor of Arthur Treachers' recipe for the batter. He was an instructor at the Culinary Institute. He told the story of how he and his wife were hired to solve the problem with battered/fried fish getting soggy before the carry-out customer got home with it.
    Problem was solved when malt vinegar was added to the batter prior to cooking (unlike how the English use it as a condiment on fried food). Result is a batter that remains crunchy for an extended period of time. Tried it at home during a big family fish-fry and it really does work well. This guy made millions on it and only taught at the CIA for something to do.

6. Member
    We have 2 here built years apart. Tried the first one, got sick as a buzzard on a gut wagon. Never went again until they built the newer one and thinking might have been a fluke, tried it, it wasn't a fluke. Just driving by that place makes me gag....

Seems they were better way back in the day...must be a reason most of them are closed around here!

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Haven’t been to one since they started that kneeling crap...wait...wrong thread.
    like to have fell out of my freakin chair...........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    like to have fell out of my freakin chair...........
    Gotta be tough

10. Member
    ohhhh yeah the crumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Fun fact years ago you could go thru the driveway and they would give you a free box of all the little fried crispy edges of batter. Almost like an extra greasy funnel cake with no sugar...

Long John silvers is nasty

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

From 6 or so to One around here..

13. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    I like long John Silvers. Don’t eat it much anymore, wife keeps me out of most of the fast food joints.

14. Member
    There is mom and pop place here that is only open a few days a week. They serve BBQ and then basically the same type of food that LJS serves except it is much better quality. Pretty good place to be honest.

15. Member
    I have never been in a Long John Silvers, not too many of them around here anyway. I live in New England, no real reason to ever visit one, shoot i live less than 3 miles from two real cape cod style clam/seafood shacks. It does not get any better than those...

16. Member
    Used to bee good a few years ago but the last couple times I had the fried fish there it was absolutley terrible, more batter than fish and it was soft and soggy, the grilled fish and shrimp isn't bad, Captain Ds is far better.

17. Member
    Hey brother.. how goes it?

Long John Silver——-

Last time I heard that name a doctor brought it up. He said he had a husband and wife that had really high cholesterol. He told them to eat more fresh fruit and veggies, and for main dishes fish and chicken. After 6 months they came back for a check up. After the test came back their cholesterol was even higher. In their defense they both said they had been living on chicken and fish——— KFC and Long John Silver’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Long John Silver——-

Last time I heard that name a doctor brought it up. He said he had a husband and wife that had really high cholesterol. He told them to eat more fresh fruit and veggies, and for main dishes fish and chicken. After 6 months they came back for a check up. After the test came back their cholesterol was even higher. In their defense they both said they had been living on chicken and fish——— KFC and Long John Silver’s.
    Just following doctor's order!

20. Member
    I used to love LJS when I was younger. I don’t know if they, like a lot of fast food places, have changed their ingredients over the years to save money, but most don’t taste like I remember. I haven’t been to LJS in at least 3-4 years, and it wasn’t a good experience. I thought it was because I was getting older, but here comes the BBC lounge to let me know I’m not alone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast