Blown engine rebuild/replace time

Got the news this morning that cylinder 2 is gone on my 250 pro xs 2 stroke. Its under warranty and my mechanic has already contacted mercury. Assuming they cover it what kind of time frame am i looking at for Merc to get the ball rolling to get parts? Ive never been down this road before so im
    not sure whether to expect 2 weeks or 2 months. This is my favorite time of year to be on the water
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Time will depend on what parts were needed (other than powerhead), how quickly those components can reach the dealer, and then the dealer's service schedule.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor