Dodge Challenger

Anyone have said car? Likes , dislikes? Thinking about getting one - prefer v8 unless v6 good preformer. Thanks

If you don't get at least the Hellcat, you're not even trying.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

3. Member
    Terrible blind spots. If you get one, at least get a scat pack/392 or higher trim.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The wife had 15' Scat Pack and loved it. She just ran up the miles because she used it as her work car.

5. Member
    Test drove one- wasn’t impressed with anything about it except big rumbling v8- so passed.

I stopped in a Walgreens the other day to pickup some pictures. Parked next to a older but new Challenger version. I'm a Mopar guy so I spotted it and parked next to it for no reason. It wasn't overly clean or dirty just a driver that had been outside its whole life.

I get out of the runner and out of the corner of my eye I spot the dreaded RUST HOLE! Bottom of the right q-panel just in front of the tire. Big enough to almost put my fist in. I guess things never change.
    Last edited by Rick H; 12-26-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

7. Member
    Part of living in a rusty state, it will affect all brands of cars no matter the price.
    I live in so cal, my son has a 2015 challenger rt. He bought it new and loves it. It will keep up with most any camero, corvette, or mustang. Has been very reliable so far, just turned 80k. My wife drives a 2010 300 hemi, it also hauls ass. No rust on either Chrysler product here. Chassis, trans, and rear end are Mercedes on all charger, challenger, 300 and magnums.

Had a Scat Pack and it is a great motor/trans combo. Giant rolling blind spot. Main problem with Chrysler products is the rapid rate that they depreciate.

I just bought a 2020 Challenger RT with the 5.7 Hemi. I know it's not the fastest car on the road but it sure is alot of fun and looks bad ass

Might want to get it rust proofed if you plan to keep and drive it.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

11. Member
    I had one for a couple of days in Cali - 5.7. I wouldn't dream of getting that car with a V6.

It was fun, it drove better than I expected. I also expected it to feel heavy on the winding mountain roads. It felt great, tracked great. - but in the curviest sections, I backed off and let a modded subaru run off out of sight. I just didn't feel like pushing a car that I didn't know. So maybe it doesn't handle all that great! hahahahaaa... or maybe I'm just old... and soft.... ?? I like the car. I could never own one as my DD.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS