2004 Yamaha 225 OX66 Lower engine mount bolts

For anyone that has replaced their lower engine mounts on an OX66 and went the route of cutting off the bolt heads and installing the new ones in the reverse direction so that you didn't have to disassemble a lot of stuff to change the mounts, what new bolts did you use? The Yamaha part number is 90109-14M80-00 and they are roughly $45 each. I really don't want to spend $90 on two new mount bolts when I only spent $45 on the new Bob's solid mounts. Did anyone use aftermarket bolts and if so, what size and were they stainless, grade 5, grade 8 etc. etc. Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide.

I did cross post this in the normal Yamaha engine forum as well but thought most of you guys on this forum have probably already changed mounts.

2. Member
    I wasn't sure what to use and bit the bullet and bought replacement bolts. I did need to add a couple of extra SS washers but i also went with Bobs. Certainly fixed the issue i was having. Not sure if anyone else can suggest alternative bolts but I couldn't source any locally but i agree they are a rip off!
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

3. Member
    Skeeter John,

Thanks, I ordered a set of the OEM bolts but they are back ordered for a month. They are a bastard size: they mic out at .570" which is 14.5mm x 7 5/8 long which is approximately 193 mm. 9/16" x 8" grade 8 is about the closest replacement that I could locate and I searched extensively. 9/16" works out to 0.5625" diameter. 14 mm is even more out of tolerance, at .5512" . If I can locate the 9/16" locally, I'm going to use those just to get the motor back together until the OEM bolts show up. My schedule is full for the rest of the month anyway, so I doubt I'll make it out on the lake and if I do, I'll just go to one of the electric only reservoirs that's close to me. It will be a piece of cake to swap in the OEM bolts once they show up.