Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I got a pizza in Ohio in the 80s, swear it had american cheese on it! The place was busy, so they must have thought it was great!
    I once actually had a delicious Philly cheese steak specialty pie in NJ that had American cheese on it (in addition to thin sliced steak, fried onions and peppers) on it. Granted, peppers have no place on a traditional Philly cheese steak, but American cheese has no place on a traditional pizza, so I wasn’t going to be a stickler about it. That place also has excellent regular pizza, and a decent cheesesteak. It was Joe’s Pizza in Hillsborough, NJ, if anyone is interested, though there better pizza to be found in that town. Victor’s, Angelo’s, and DeLuca’s were my favorite places there, though there are probably a couple dozen options in that one town, almost all of them, excepting dominos, were better than anything you can find in Colorado (or even Philadelphia, which has otherwise really good Italian food). As far as Michigan, Detroit style is decent, and I would rather eat Jet’s or Buddy’s than any of the imitations of NY style pizza you find outside of NY/NJ/CT, but it doesn’t compare to a pie from the tristate.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    It amazes me how many pizzerias one town can support. Little town i grew up in had had 4 pizzerias. Even today I believe 3 are still open.
    same here.. where I grew up there were 5 pizza places in a town of 2000 people.. there’s now only 1 place open because the others retired or moved to the closest city. We still live in the same area (just 3 miles away).. Within a 5mi radius there’s 4 different towns and approximately 24 different pizza and Italian restaurants. Only two places belong to the same family and even then all places have different pizza sauce recipes so they all taste different from one another. Definitely lucky to be in an area with a ton of pizza options.

The combined population of all of those 4 towns/villages is still less than what some people on here consider a “small town”
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    7 pages on folding pizza. pretty good
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    same here.. where I grew up there were 5 pizza places in a town of 2000 people.. there’s now only 1 place open because the others retired or moved to the closest city. We still live in the same area (just 3 miles away).. Within a 5mi radius there’s 4 different towns and approximately 24 different pizza and Italian restaurants. Only two places belong to the same family and even then all places have different pizza sauce recipes so they all taste different from one another. Definitely lucky to be in an area with a ton of pizza options.

The combined population of all of those 4 towns/villages is still less than what some people on here consider a “small town”
    Y'all got any other places to eat?

Last time I was in Waddington, I couldn't find any place to get an early breakfast. Think there were only two places to eat at all and then just outside there was a BBQ place. It was good though

Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    It amazes me how many pizzerias one town can support. Little town i grew up in had had 4 pizzerias. Even today I believe 3 are still open.
    At one point one street over from my house there was 3 in 100yds, two of which side by side, sharing a wall in a small 3 store, classic old time NJ main street. The third was a liquor and pizza/Sub place. Best of the three. The two battling it out side by side did not last long, wish I took a picture of it, since in one photo you could capture all 3.

6. Member
    think the consensus here is that pizza is awesome however you eat it
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Y'all got any other places to eat?

Last time I was in Waddington, I couldn't find any place to get an early breakfast. Think there were only two places to eat at all and then just outside there was a BBQ place. It was good though
    we have a McDonald’s Taco Bell and Applebee’s that’s about it

Next time you’re up in waddington and you want some wicked Mexican food, head to Hotel Grande in Norfolk. It’s a weird spot for a Mexican place but it’s the best I’ve ever had
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Always fold. How else can you keep the grease off your shirt?

9. Member
    I didn't read through all the comments so this may have been brought up already, forgive me. But you have to somewhat fold a hot floppy slice to at least a "C" shape or you can't keep the apex from going limp and burning the roof of your mouth or lip.
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

Never fold pizza. Best pizza ever. Chicago style in Chicago. Giodarno's or Gino's East.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    we have a McDonald’s Taco Bell and Applebee’s that’s about it

Next time you’re up in waddington and you want some wicked Mexican food, head to Hotel Grande in Norfolk. It’s a weird spot for a Mexican place but it’s the best I’ve ever had
    Thanks for the recommendation, those are the types of places you would never go in blind but are really looking for as they are the best!

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I always order well done and square cut..solves all these folding issues. You end up with these little Tyrion Lannister size pieces.

Who controls John Gill?

13. Member
    Its all good LOL
    For yall pizza experts i have a question years ago i had something it was 12" around probably 2-21/2" tall and filled with sauce pepperoni's little sausages about 2" long and about the size of a quarter, had bell peppers, black olives and i think hamburger meat and tons of cheese and it had a crust on top also almost looked like a big apple pie anybody know what it was called?? Or is it just a pizza pie?? It was so freakin good

14. Member
    Depends on the slice. Sometimes I bend it rather than a full fold. It's not a sangwich...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDiss View Post
    I once actually had a delicious Philly cheese steak specialty pie in NJ that had American cheese on it (in addition to thin sliced steak, fried onions and peppers) on it. Granted, peppers have no place on a traditional Philly cheese steak, but American cheese has no place on a traditional pizza, so I wasn’t going to be a stickler about it. That place also has excellent regular pizza, and a decent cheesesteak. It was Joe’s Pizza in Hillsborough, NJ, if anyone is interested, though there better pizza to be found in that town. Victor’s, Angelo’s, and DeLuca’s were my favorite places there, though there are probably a couple dozen options in that one town, almost all of them, excepting dominos, were better than anything you can find in Colorado (or even Philadelphia, which has otherwise really good Italian food). As far as Michigan, Detroit style is decent, and I would rather eat Jet’s or Buddy’s than any of the imitations of NY style pizza you find outside of NY/NJ/CT, but it doesn’t compare to a pie from the tristate.
    Small world, my wife is from Montgomery so had all the ones you mentioned. How about Pizza and Pasta in Manville by the airport, or Contes in Princeton for thin crust.

16. Member
    Its funny how pizza is such a part of American tradition. What do we do when its dinner time and we're hungry and on the go? Order a pizza

Not

18. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    classic

19. Member
    When you buy a slice, you have to fold, they are generally bigger. A N.Y. Style pizza must be folded. A thick Chicago pizza should be fed to your dog.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Thin crust, no fold.....
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast