Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    Congressional prefunding mandates are the only reason they "post a loss." Without this they are profitable... FedEX is $7-9 to deliver a letter...USPS is 50 cents... You can believe whatever your heart desires but you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Yep and companies like amazon and the like pay hardly anything. Thinking of hardly anything. Folks from “developing countries” somehow including the commies in China can ship something from the other side of the world including using our own post office for practically nothing. Meanwhile a person or vendor here has to pay much more to ship the same item. Our own gubernment has prioritized commie countries before our own people and businesses. Our post office takes a loss to keep folks in foreign countries in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Yep and companies like amazon and the like pay hardly anything. Thinking of hardly anything. Folks from “developing countries” somehow including the commies in China can ship something from the other side of the world including using our own post office for practically nothing. Meanwhile a person or vendor here has to pay much more to ship the same item. Our own gubernment has prioritized commie countries before our own people and businesses. Our post office takes a loss to keep folks in foreign countries in business.
    that's a topic to take up with you congressional rep.... Congress continues to kneecap usps over and over.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    Congressional prefunding mandates are the only reason they "post a loss." Without this they are profitable... FedEX is $7-9 to deliver a letter...USPS is 50 cents... You can believe whatever your heart desires but you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    this. Been carrier for over 20 years. We are so short handed and now it’s our busiest season. Didn’t help when Trump put DeJoy in as pmg to tear us down from inside trying to screw with the election. The shit he did screwed us for this holiday season. The cca carriers (subs) quit cause they don’t like to work so much. We can’t keep any. Now with covid numbers rising it’s hurting worse. We have a station here in canton with 80 routes missing 20 carriers from covid. Just leave your porch light on for us. We doing the best we can with missing workers and 80% management that couldn’t manage a lemonade stand.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

4. Member
    Oh and thanks for all the positive comments! Rest of you get off my lawn!
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

5. Member
    The US mail and its workers have always been one of our most essential services. Thank you for your service!
    97 Basscat PII
    200 Merc Opti
    THE Black Forest

6. Member
    Never really had an issue with the post office or postal service. Easy to deal with when a package gets destroyed, and that is rarer in my experience with USPS than with UPS and FedEx. DHL was one of the worst companies I have had to deal with in terms of shipping. I was shipping a lot of rebuilt golf clubs for a while and USPS was almost always one of the cheapest methods of shipping. Really helped keep cost down and keep my repair prices down when I was doing it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher42 View Post
    Oh and thanks for all the positive comments! Rest of you get off my lawn!
    i DO blame management.....entirely. I thought I made that clear. I have a good relationship with my carrier and I hear her frustrations. Things are indeed better when she is on the job but sadly she has a chronic illness.

8. Member
    I had two packages to mail so I went to the USPS this AM and the p[arking lot was filled.
    Never the less I waited my turn and was relieved when it come up so fast.
    They were doing an excellent job.

this. Been carrier for over 20 years. We are so short handed and now it’s our busiest season. Didn’t help when Trump put DeJoy in as pmg to tear us down from inside trying to screw with the election. The shit he did screwed us for this holiday season. The cca carriers (subs) quit cause they don’t like to work so much. We can’t keep any. Now with covid numbers rising it’s hurting worse. We have a station here in canton with 80 routes missing 20 carriers from covid. Just leave your porch light on for us. We doing the best we can with missing workers and 80% management that couldn’t manage a lemonade stand.

100% agree on management. One dickhead supervisor sealed the deal on me leaving, opening my business etc. Kevin, if your old angry ass ever reads this (I doubt he can even read), shove those 9 Sundays in a row right up your lazy ass.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    i DO blame management.....entirely. I thought I made that clear. I have a good relationship with my carrier and I hear her frustrations. Things are indeed better when she is on the job but sadly she has a chronic illness.
    I understand. I hear the same on my route when I’m off. Needless to say every job prob has this issue. We get new people who want a pay check without earning it. Like I said earlier we can’t keep the subs. One just quit cause he didn’t want to deliver in the dark. Don’t blame him. I’m on a mounted/dismount route where most my route is in a gated community outside of Canton city limits. I put my time in “the hood “ but we didn’t deliver in the dark 10 years ago either. Only thing I gotta worry about is the damn turkeys chase me for some reason lol.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Mail carrier trucks are probably delivering Amazon Packages.
    Not around here, waiting on an Amazon package and checked the tracking and said out for delivery by USPS. Waited all day and never came, mail carrier never came down the road and none of the neighbors got their mail either. Got a notification on my tracker at exactly 7:00 PM that night there was difficulty delivering it, and then it said, at 7:00 PM it was checked back in the post office and I had to pick it up. But what do you do, if they fired them all they would just replace them with the same.

12. TJNYSNP
    U may hat them but they are competing with UPS and Amazon delivery. They do a great job up here in NY

Usps is great for me. My mail carrier stopped by and bought us pizza a couple months ago. Also brings his daughter to the shop sometimes on his day off to play with the dog
    He also tracked down a couple missing ups packages for me. He found them down the street both times and brought them to me. I guess he wants another Christmas tip.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

14. Banned
    Only things that come in the mail here is birthday/anniversary cards and spam/junk mail and a few sale fliers that i do look at sometimes.

15. Member
    ​When they started closing all the smaller offices some people took a 4 hr day instead of 8 most of the hassle is from above and most of the locals do the best they can as a good employee the azzholes that are 72 and won’t retire can be blamed for some of the attrition but upper level management still makes their sack full

16. Member
    I got no problem with the USPS. They seem to do a great job around here.

My Brother in Pa tells me that up there the PS Carriers are complaining about being overworked due to delivering packages for Amazon. They say that where they used to run their route and go home, now they have to go back and re-fill the vehicle 3-4 times a day to get it all out. This is in a very Rural Area.

I told them they might not want to bitch to much as it was keeping them working.

Wasn't two weeks after we talked I read where Amazon is in the process of buying and building a Rural Delivery Service that they will own and control. The main reason is they now have so many people "not in city areas" buying on-line they saw a need for a better delivery service.

Sometimes you'd better be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I got no problem with the USPS. They seem to do a great job around here.

My Brother in Pa tells me that up there the PS Carriers are complaining about being overworked due to delivering packages for Amazon. They say that where they used to run their route and go home, now they have to go back and re-fill the vehicle 3-4 times a day to get it all out. This is in a very Rural Area.

I told them they might not want to bitch to much as it was keeping them working.

Wasn't two weeks after we talked I read where Amazon is in the process of buying and building a Rural Delivery Service that they will own and control. The main reason is they now have so many people "not in city areas" buying on-line they saw a need for a better delivery service.

Sometimes you'd better be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
    Amazon will find out how tough & unprofitable rural delivery is. Not to mention the ability to keep quality personnel at their wage rates compared to UPS, Fedex, & USPS carriers.

18. Member
    Thank you! Are driver has to do a split route now do to all the packages he can't fit them all on in one trip.

I mailed a guy a payment on 11/20. Southern Indiana to Pennsylvania, he still hasn't received it.

20. Member
    maybe you should put "Official Mail in ballot" on the envelope. They seem to be able to magically deliver those before they are mailed out. lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast