Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I never have any issues when it’s my usual carrier delivering the mail. It’s when they have a fill in when he is on vacation or Sunday package delivery that I’ve had issues. Recently I had a package marked as delivered that never showed up. Amazon mailed a replacement and that too was marked delivered but never showed up. Thankfully the person it was actually delivered to was honest and he dropped it off at my house. Overall I have few complaints with USPS.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

2. Member
    They delivered Mercury items to my house Saturday that was scheduled for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    It was Fri and Sat.
    There's such a thing as "Special Delivery", which may result in sending a mail carrier out with no other tasks to accomplish.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

What SHOULD HAPPEN IS—-

Junk mail, unsolicited advertisement should pay a rate of $3 per piece of mail. More revenue, less pieces of mail to sort, deliver, and most citizens would be a lot happier without junk mail.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    If it wasn't for the USPS and Tackle Warehouse the BBCers that like to Rant wouldn't have a reason to get up and log in every day.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    If it wasn't for the USPS and Tackle Warehouse the BBCers that like to Rant wouldn't have a reason to get up and log in every day.
    Johnny Morris would still be there to save the day

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Don't forget about MLF/BPT/FLW/MLFLW/MLFBIG5 discussions.

Buying bass boats with cash.

Livescope.

Pros Changing sponsors.

Pros changing tournament trails.

COVID conspiracy theories

I think that about covers the last 2 months or so...

I have my complaints against the USPS, but it's with their business model in terms of hours they're open....but I find it funny that people complain about the mail delivery and/or non-delivery for something that went into a box with a .55 cent stamp, was driven across town...then driven across the state, then flown across the country, then driven across another state, then across another town and the put into another box thousands of miles away from where it started...in a few days. Pretty good value if you ask me.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    The virus and various lockdowns here and there has the USPS aliitle screwed up. Last month, I ordered coffee beans from Black Rifle which I like, normal ships in a couple days from their Tenn warehouse. Black Rifle had to ship from Reno Warehouse to Indiana. From Reno NV, it went to LA, then to San Francisco, next day back to LA, next day back to San Francisco, next day,,back to LA,,next day back to San Fransico, finally back to LA again,,finally East and eventually 5-6 days from LA,,,got my coffee. Only took a couple of weeks. Pony Express would have been alittle faster.

11. Member
    The company I work for is a distributor, we are #1 in our space and have locations in 30 countries around the globe. Recently we had a virtual meeting to discuss the letter we are generating to all of our North America based customers that in effect tells them they will have to plan for a slow down in production, production of whatever they make.

The reason is delivery issues, so many people are shopping on-line for the holidays (think Amazon) and UPS/Fed-ex/USPS will all be impacted

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by Transom

Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    Don't forget about MLF/BPT/FLW/MLFLW/MLFBIG5 discussions.

Buying bass boats with cash.

Livescope.

Pros Changing sponsors.

Pros changing tournament trails.

COVID conspiracy theories

I think that about covers the last 2 months or so...
    I had faith in the rest of the crew to finish out the Rant List as they always look out for us Senior Citizens when we can't remember such important details

13. Member
    You don't like the Post Office, send all your mail by Fed Ex or UPS and see how much it costs. If I remember correctly, Congress cut the Postal Rate 2 or 3 years ago.

We could all go back to waiting on the catalog to show up in the mail, fill out the order form and go to the post office where we can get a money order to send in with the order form and wait for untold amount of weeks for our package to arrive just to get an attempted delivery slip and have to go back to the post office to pick up the package but you better be there before 4:30 or you will have to wait until Saturday or take time off from work to go get.

^ Yes I realize that that is a run on sentence, I intentioned it to be that way.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

15. Member
    I have had excellent service from USPS, except for their self service machines which are a joke. Thousand of packages sent and never lost one. Also can't beat the price. Can't say the same for UPS or FedEx.

I live out in the country and my place is a good drive from the mailbox at the main road. If whatever the mailman is delivering won't fit in the mail box he will drive all the way up to my house and leave the mail on my back porch. Thats way over and above what they could do.
    Our old mail person retired and she used to bring dog cookies for our dogs. They loved her and now they just bark at the new guy, lol. I tell him they are asking him about cookies.
    So I give our USPS an A+ on service
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

17. Member
    I believe the USPS is poorly run. They LOSE billions of dollars every year. UPS, FedEx, etc. essentially do the same things and turn a massive profit. Granted those firms do not deliver letters, bills, or junk mail. My thought is that if they did, they would do so efficiently and turn a profit or they would not do it. Personally, I believe the USPS should be privatized and not be a government agency. Mailbox service is going the way of cash money, newspapers, etc. Borrowed time.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    I believe the USPS is poorly run. They LOSE billions of dollars every year. UPS, FedEx, etc. essentially do the same things and turn a massive profit. Granted those firms do not deliver letters, bills, or junk mail. My thought is that if they did, they would do so efficiently and turn a profit or they would not do it. Personally, I believe the USPS should be privatized and not be a government agency. Mailbox service is going the way of cash money, newspapers, etc. Borrowed time.
    Once you hit your second sentence you should have quit. UPS, FedEx, etc do NOT deliver to every house six days a week not even close.

19. Banned
    I once complained about the cost to have something shipped and the guy working said "you are more than welcome to drive it there yourself if you feel like it will save you some money".

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    Congressional prefunding mandates are the only reason they "post a loss." Without this they are profitable... FedEX is $7-9 to deliver a letter...USPS is 50 cents... You can believe whatever your heart desires but you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast