Thread: CZ Shotguns

CZ Shotguns

Does anyone know anything about CZ brand? I was considering the CZ1012 Synthetic Semi-Auto. MSRP of $750 I would be using it for hunting and clays.
    I am open to other suggestions in that price range. Thank you!

2. Member
    Cz makes great firearms.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

3. Member
    I have always been a hue fan of their Czech made weapons. However, as soon as I saw that their shotguns were made in Turkey it was an instant pass for me.

I looked at that gun really hard but opted for the Beretta Outlander because it was made in USA. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

5. Member
    I've had one of their CZ 75 pistols for many years now with no problems, also have a the 550 and 557 bolt action rifles, no problems, very well made firearms.

6. Moderator
    I have a couple CZ pistols and one of the carbine scorpions. Fantastic brand with great quality at a very affordable price. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their stuff.

7. Member
    CZ don't make shotguns. They are rebranded Huglu's made in Turkey. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as Huglu is one of the more respected shotgun makers in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    CZ don't make shotguns. They are rebranded Huglu's made in Turkey. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as Huglu is one of the more respected shotgun makers in Turkey.
    This. They're not really up to par with the rest of the CZ line, IMO, and I'm a huge CZ fan. My CZ 75 SP-01 is my favorite handgun by far. Granted, I haven't had the chance to actually fire one yet, but handling the 1012 and the Stoeger M3000 I thought the M3000 felt a little more solid. The guy at the gun counter was raving about the CZ and it was apparently his clay gun of choice, but I just wasn't impressed. The Stoeger action was smoother and overall the CZ just felt cheaper. Sample size of 1 though, so take it for what it's worth. With the Beretta A300 being at the same price point though, the A300 is a no brainer for me. That one is still on my list. Was planning on picking up a new field gun last year, but life and a house purchase have put that on hold for a good while. When the time comes though, I'll be picking that Beretta up or stashing away a few more dollars for a Benelli M2.

9. Banned
    Have a CZ 912 that I really like... Ultimately chose the CZ over the Stoeger, but it wasn't an easy decision

I don't know that particular gun but CZ has a reputation for making quality firearms. Not sure if the Turkish claims are true but dismissing it for only that reason is a bit foolish. It would be like saying every product made in America is flawless. I have one Turkish made gun, made for Mossberg by Huglu and it is one of the best, most reliable guns I own.

That said, I'd pass on it. Someone else mentioned the Beretta A300 Outlander. I have one and between my hunting buddies, they own 6 more. All are completely trouble free. If you plan to shoot a lot of clays, you will like the Beretta better, or any other gas auto, because felt recoil will be reduced. The inertial system of the CZ will have more felt recoil. That matters if you go to the clays course and shoot a couple hundred rounds in an hour.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

11. Member
    I have a CZ 375 HH I can't say enough about the gun. I'd own one in a heartbeat
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    I looked at that gun really hard but opted for the Beretta Outlander because it was made in USA. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either.

I agree
    I was going to buy a CZ Teal O/U from Cabelas but when I got there and held it, I realized the LOP was too short for me.
    I opted for a Beretta A300 Outlander, I'm glad I did it's great gun.
    I have the wood model. I do notice the MSRP has gone up about $100 since I bought mine from Dick's

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/a300-o...s-blades-camo/
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

BTW, If you haven't tried Gunbroker, you should. It's a great place to buy firearms at a much lower cost than the big box retailers and a lot of gun shops.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO