Need help Minn Kota Questions

I have had my MinnKota Ultrex with BT, and Link on two separate boats in past year. The trolling motor spotlocks well. My issue is when selecting “N” on the remote. Neither boat would/will follow the course in Advanced or Legacy. I have completed calibration and offset multiple times. I think I got a “bad” board. The trolling motor never seems to “correct” and stick to projected course that is plotted on the Solix.

Question 1: if I took it to authorized service center not sure they be able to diagnose the problem. On appearance the trolling motor works. Would they be able too?

Question 2: What board could be the culprit? If I just wanted to purchase and install?

Question 3: I usually see every thing worse case scenario, could it be something else?

N just follows a heading. Are you trying to follow a contour line or old trail?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    N just follows a heading. Are you trying to follow a contour line or old trail?
    Exactly this trolling motor won’t follow a heading

4. Member
    Did you install the direction sensor with this unit? I do not see you mention this anywhere. The direction sensor lets the GPS module know where North is.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Did you install the direction sensor with this unit? I do not see you mention this anywhere. The direction sensor lets the GPS module know where North is.
    yes sir I did and is paired. I wonder if it could be defective??

6. Member
    Try to give Minn Kota a call. I would also call Humminbird. You can throw it out there on the Humminbird forum also. You may have a bad GPS Module or you may have missed something in setup with the Solix. If it were bad it would not work in spot lock either. That is why I think it may be a setup problem. Sometimes these things are not 1,2,3. I wish I could be of more help, but I am very limited on training and use of this style setup.
    Check Youtube and see if there is a video on the setup other than the one you found.

7. Member
    Contacted Minn Kota today and was given instructions to remove “head” and return it to them and they are sending out a new one. Eric at Minn Kota was the man and savior today!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisntab View Post
    Contacted Minn Kota today and was given instructions to remove “head” and return it to them and they are sending out a new one. Eric at Minn Kota was the man and savior today!!
    That is good to hear. Sure hope this gets you taken care of.