Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin-It View Post
    Ok how about this,, has anyone had problems fishing Brackish water ,,, the runners with carpet holds water to the bottom of the boat causing oxidation and eating a hole in the bottom of the boat??
    It could of pitted/ pin holed through under the bunks. Sometimes pressure treated bunks cause problems on aluminum hulls.
    Jack it up and check it out.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 01-02-2021 at 03:24 PM.

2. Member
    Cousin-It,

You said " But all I have to do is put the boat in the water not running just off the trailer. " How much water do you get in about 5 minutes? Enough to wet the bilge area or more like a gallon or two that sloshes around in the bilge? That information would help me diagnose your problem, based on my experiences.

3. Member
    Ok how about this,, has anyone had problems fishing Brackish water ,,, the runners with carpet holds water to the bottom of the boat causing oxidation and eating a hole in the bottom of the boat??
    See post 19. Each time I launched my boat I also loaded it back on trailer with carpeted bunks. No oxidation so no holes in bottom of boat.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    I to have Leak, 2021 H20B First time in Water, Plug was in, by the time i parked the truck came back to the boat at the dock, it had 3 inches of water above the rear floor drains, back at Dealer Now, Must have left hose off somewhere, i will let you know what Dealer finds.

All right guys finally found it !! On the right side about in the middle of the right consoule. The weld that comes from the front to half way back has a 4-5 inch crack!! So thanks for all the help I apprecaite it very much.. would post a picture but I cant figure out how to get it off my phone to the PC iam not very good with PCs just didnt grow up with them I guess Iam a 50s child lol
    Still chasing the green fish

6. Member
    All right guys finally found it !! On the right side about in the middle of the right consoule. The weld that comes from the front to half way back has a 4-5 inch crack!! So thanks for all the help I apprecaite it very much.. would post a picture but I cant figure out how to get it off my phone to the PC iam not very good with PCs just didnt grow up with them I guess Iam a 50s child lol
    I received your PM and an happy you found it. Those " Ghost " problems like yours have always driven me up the wall.

I understand about the pics and have a couple I would like to send to you as a text or email.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 01-04-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

7. Member
    Congratulations!

8. Member
    That is a common area to crack on express boats. I have welded up several and it is usually on the starboard side.

9. Member
    Fished brackish waters for 45 years or more and in aluminum boats for 41 of those years and never an issue and I tend keep a boat for a few years. My 2021 is the 5th aluminum bass boat in that time frame so roughly 10 years each and other than a few corroded wires in a 1989 Fisher Marine, never anything related to the salty water and in my younger days I rarely sprayed down the boat or trailer after a trip. Galvanized or aluminum trailer is a must though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12