New Carbon 12 Not Showing SS or DI

Finally had time to get out on the water with my new Carbon 12 and I also bought a used SS3D Module with the SS3D Transducer. Both the Carbon 12 has latest update (20.0) and Module has latest update (20.0 63.1.291). When I go to the Side Scan page I selected the SS3D for the source which i assume means the Carbon is reading the module but nothing shows up on the screen. No images or no depth readings. Same thing on the Downscan page as well.
    I checked all connections from transducer to to module. Checked all connections for ethernet cable from module to Carbon.
    Am I doing something wrong? Kinda frustrated right now.
    Just FYI my 2D sonar shows up fine but it's plugged directly into the back of the Carbon.

does it say 3d just under the lowrance up top like in this pic and on the right does it have 3d for source and not this unit if yes on both make sure your power light is on on the 3d box and you dont have the two transducer wires on backwards at the box Capture800.PNG

3. Member
    +1. Skeeter covered it completely

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Yes, yes and plugs are in the numbers plug ins. Transducer 1 in #1 plugin and ducer 2 in #2 plugin. Checked all of it but still no picture scrolling in the water. Very odd.
    Last edited by adventurejack; 11-28-2020 at 09:22 PM.

5. Member
    Mine does the same exact thing every time I go out. I have HDS Live 9 at console with SS 3D transducer and module, and in hull 2D. Every time I first get on the water, I have to power my head unit off and on 2-3 times before it starts working. Not sure why it does that, and I haven't called Lowrance to ask yet. Once it starts working, it does great the rest of the day.

Being your graph sees the 3d and your able to update the box im going to guess that your transducer is bad if you have any friends running 3d try swapping out your box just to be sure

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarmstrong View Post
    Mine does the same exact thing every time I go out. I have HDS Live 9 at console with SS 3D transducer and module, and in hull 2D. Every time I first get on the water, I have to power my head unit off and on 2-3 times before it starts working. Not sure why it does that, and I haven't called Lowrance to ask yet. Once it starts working, it does great the rest of the day.
    I actually tried powering down a couple of times as well but still nothing. Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter21i View Post
    Being your graph sees the 3d and your able to update the box im going to guess that your transducer is bad if you have any friends running 3d try swapping out your box just to be sure
    That's my next thing. I actually have an opportunity with a store who will let me borrow a new transducer this week and hook it up at the dock to see if it works with my box. I just wanted to make sure I've tried everything else I could before I took this step. Thanks

9. Member
    Try this, go to the Structure page and whether you see an image or not, power down from that page. Wait 20-30 seconds and power back on. If your unit is like mine, it will work fine the rest of the day. Give it a try.

NoCAL
    2B112175

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Try this, go to the Structure page and whether you see an image or not, power down from that page. Wait 20-30 seconds and power back on. If your unit is like mine, it will work fine the rest of the day. Give it a try.

NoCAL
    Thanks NoCal, I will try that.

11. Member
    NoCal, just to make sure I do it the way you do it...I go to the structurescan page, make sure the source is on SS3D, then hit the power button, then click power off. Then once it's totally off, power the unit back on and go to structurescan page again and see if it is working. Am I correct?

12. Member
    That's what I've done the last two trips out and it has worked just fine all day. This last time out on Saturday, I'd left it on Structure from the trip before that. Turned it on, it was working, switched to the Chart page and then back to Structure. All good but I can't tell you why.

NoCAL
    2B112175

13. Member
    That's what I've done the last two trips out and it has worked just fine all day. This last time out on Saturday, I'd left it on Structure from the trip before that. Turned it on, it was working, switched to the Chart page and then back to Structure. All good but I can't tell you why.

NoCAL
    I'm hoping I can get to the boat ramp this evening to try it out. I'll post an update when I can. My last option if it don't work is to drop the 400.00 for a new transducer. I hope that doesn't happen.

14. Member
    Let me know if it works. Would make me feel better about mine too.

NoCAL
    2B112175

15. Member

NoCAL
    Haven't had a chance to get it out there to try that yet. Sorry

16. Member

NoCAL
    Update: The 3D module and or transducer were defective so I sent them back. I went with the AI 2n1 instead and I am very pleased with the switch. For my application which is looking for stake beds or brushpiles, that transducer with my Carbon 12 works fine. I see detail of the brush as well as schools of fish out to 80+ feet. So, I am happy with the 2n1. Plus I like not having a module and just plug and play directly to the Carbon unit.