Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I’s here in Bammer, w’uns right word that is closet e’nuff for youin’s to speak out.
    (Translate)
    I’m here in Alabama, we just spell words close enough for you all to figure out.
    I know.

I'd be inclined to say that the tests the players get are no better than the tests that the general population gets. I just don't believe these tests are all that high tech. Do they really know that the tests absolutely without the shadow of a doubt don't detect other virus types? Too many people testing positive without any symptoms at all. The common cold is a form of covid! Not saying that this virus doesn't exist, just a little doubtful about the testing.

No worse than what’s going on in college fb. They will find a way to make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    No worse than what’s going on in college fb. They will find a way to make it happen
    $$$$$$$$

5. Member
    No one likes the felon league

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    I'd be inclined to say that the tests the players get are no better than the tests that the general population gets. I just don't believe these tests are all that high tech. Do they really know that the tests absolutely without the shadow of a doubt don't detect other virus types? Too many people testing positive without any symptoms at all. The common cold is a form of covid! Not saying that this virus doesn't exist, just a little doubtful about the testing.
    Yes they do know, and the tests are very high tech. Using the same equipment and techniques developed for genome sequencing and DNA testing. They match virus genetic material which is essentially the same as DNA testing for animals. A match is going to be very certain. They look for particular segments unique to SARS-CoV-2. Human error is possible, but not going to be common.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    NFL still going relatively strong despite playing with zero to very few fans in the stadium. Steelers are 6 wins from a perfect regular season at 10-0, so a lot of anticipation to see what happens with them

then you got teams like the Chiefs, Titans, Colts, Ravens, Browns to go with the Steelers, so the AFC is loaded

NFC is meh. GB, TB, Seattle, SF, the Rams whoever wins the East with a losing record
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Yes they do know, and the tests are very high tech. Using the same equipment and techniques developed for genome sequencing and DNA testing. They match virus genetic material which is essentially the same as DNA testing for animals. A match is going to be very certain. They look for particular segments unique to SARS-CoV-2. Human error is possible, but not going to be common.
    Elon Musk took four tests the same day 2+ & 2-. To me 50/50 aint very certain.
    https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...t-after-taking

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    Elon Musk took four tests the same day 2+ & 2-. To me 50/50 aint very certain.
    https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...t-after-taking
    Perfect example of why people are so messed up about this. Read the article you linked. It clearly says in the first sentence of the second paragraph that he took the rapid antigen test. Completely different test that is known to have low accuracy. It’s bizarre that people will read something and form an opinion when the very thing they read refutes their opinion.
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    Denver should forfeit.
    Nah, they have a fighting chance against the Saints...

11. Member
    Perfect example of why people are so messed up about this. Read the article you linked. It clearly says in the first sentence of the second paragraph that he took the rapid antigen test. Completely different test that is known to have low accuracy. It’s bizarre that people will read something and form an opinion when the very thing they read refutes their opinion.
    NFL uses rapid tests. Like bhjr stated no better than what most get and you incorrectly refuted his post about a test the NFL uses. A positive reading with the rapid test has as much clout as any other tests when its comes to being put on quarantine.

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    NFL uses rapid tests. Like bhjr stated no better than what most get and you incorrectly refuted his post about a test the NFL uses. A positive reading with the rapid test has as much clout as any other tests when its comes to being put on quarantine.
    The NFL uses both tests at the same time. The antigen test is pretty accurate if it says positive, but they use a second antigen test and the PCR result to make a final decision. Players are isolated temporarily with a positive antigen test, but normally less than a day if the PCR comes back negative.
    nothing else matters.​

13. Member
    Jets run the table and make the playoffs!

14. Member
    The NFL uses both tests at the same time. The antigen test is pretty accurate if it says positive, but they use a second antigen test and the PCR result to make a final decision. Players are isolated temporarily with a positive antigen test, but normally less than a day if the PCR comes back negative.
    You contradict yourself after each post first you leave out they use the rapid test then you now go with they use both just to fit your narrative.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    To an extent I have been practicing that thing called social distancing many years before it was ever recommended buy the CDC. It may or may not happen but don't be surprised if what we are seeing right is no where near the peak of sickness and death. As humans the common theme to believe is we have freedom and have earned the right to make our own choices and know what's best for ourselves and need little or no guidance. Of course that line of though is not working out so good for about 60 million people globally, but be we know better and realize that's just an inflated number....it's going to be hard to beat a team that never gives up.

16. Member
    The season will go on with some bumps (delayed games and teams with no active qbs for a week lol). All these players are very low risk for complications from covid, being young healthy and without preexisting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    And the Lions still won’t stand a chance
    At least Martha fired Quinn and Patricia

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgAuthority View Post
    Vikings win the Superbowl!
    Vikings ripping my heart out AGAIN

19. Member
    I'd like to know how many of the positive tested players actually had symptoms or were sick? Seems most are playing within two weeks!

20. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Did the Andy Griffith re-runs end....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast