Ghost TMC Troll Tamer

How many use this troll tamer for their Ghosts?
    The half inch recommended spacing will let the Ghost bounce and will form a indentation in the carpet.
    I know i could just buy that round plastic for the carpet or is it better for the motor to stay supported during rough weather while riding or even trailering?
    My last motors stayed locked down and supported so this is new to me. It would be an easy decision but I really did not one more thing on my deck to step on.
    Thanks

I am using the troll tamer on my ghost. I prefer this rather then adding a disc to the floor.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I am using the troll tamer on my ghost. I prefer this rather then adding a disc to the floor.
    Thanks Brian. Almost hit a hundred views and your the only reply.
    Whats up with this site. I will soon post this same question.
    But thank you

4. Banned
    You want reply’s or reply’s about a troll tamer? If you just want reply’s, then I bought a Bobs disc. It’s metal and shows where NOT to set my rods for when I stow the TM. I busted up 2 handles before getting smart about the disc.

I don’t recall seeing a 1/2” spacing in the manual, but maybe I read it wrong.

5. Member
    I have the Bob's metal disk screwed to my deck just like I did with my Fortrex previously and have the bounce buster pole that came with the ghost resting right on it. No problems other than the nut on the bounce buster pole vibrating loose the first time when I didn't tighten it well enough.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Two ways to mount a Troll tamer on most TMs. Modify the pole that comes with it, its fairly easy though. Or drill into the bracket.

Mine is locked and and held in place pretty good. Last Sunday on Rayburn I got to test it out real good.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    I run the Troll Tamer with Ghost support shaft threaded stud/locking pin. I ended up going this route because even though I measured and checked before I cut the Lowrance factory support post - - it was perfect but after 2 days on Lake Michigan there was about 2" of slop in the system - and now the Factory support was too short. I really like the locking of the Troll Tamer - zero movement when stowed.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Thanks Brian. Almost hit a hundred views and your the only reply.
    Whats up with this site. I will soon post this same question.
    But thank you
    OK, here's my issue. although my wife says I have plenty.
    But first of all page 17 of the ghost installation manual references the half inch. But who cares.
    The concern I have with this site as I have only joined less than a year ago and I wish i should have joined many years ago as I believe we all learn a lot.
    I asked what I thought was a simple question about a troll tamer. I don't a wide deck and really didn't want one more thing to step on. I definitely wouldn't use it with bare feet. But was concerned about the constant bouncing (although not much) running in rough water or trailering. I Just thought it would be better for the motor as it would be secured to the deck.
    I wanted to see some opinions soon before TW sale was over but I lost on that one.
    Bass Boat Central My question 200 views 3 replies
    How many people fold pizza? 3172 views 176 replies
    How many still make there beds? 2,899 views 141 replies
    I just figured most everyone who saw my post has a Ghost but were either scared to give a opinion or it wasn't something that directly would help them out.
    Not the end of the world but most try, including myself, try to help the other members out when we can.

9. Banned
    Read page 17, thanks for saying the page number to find it easier. I thought you were saying that they recommended a 1/2” gap in the support rod & carpet, obviously not once I read the page again.

I know that I adjusted my support so that my ghost has very little up and down movement while stowed. I do believe that they wrote the manual poorly, especially the part about cutting the support 3/4” above the nut. I’ve been some fairly short spaced choppers and don’t recall my ghost bouncing, seems to be heavy enough not to move; but on some boats I guess it could definitely take a lot more of a beating.