New Power Poles Installation Ideas

Since I got a Lowrance Ghost I no longer need 10ft. Power Poles so I sold them. I have new 8ft poles on order.
    Considering the crimped on hose fittings require a 3/4" hole, how are people routing them?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    these are handy https://drewcraft.com/product/hydraulic-hose-plate-2/

how big and where are your existing holes for the hoses
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    just out of curiosity, how or why does the ghost make you switch from 10ft poles to 8fters?
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

[QUOTE=steph281086;11515243]just out of curiosity, how or why does the ghost make you switch from 10ft poles to 8fters?
    After a year of having the Ghost I find that I don't use the poles nearly as much. And I haven't used them in conditions that I can use the tm in instead. Super shallow water, 4 ft and less, and where there are trees is about the only time I use the poles. Given that and the new style pumps, hoses and poles themselves the change was an easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    these are handy https://drewcraft.com/product/hydraulic-hose-plate-2/

how big and where are your existing holes for the hoses
    The existing holes are as shown in your photo. And they're the thickness of the old tubing, 3/8"? The new hydraulic lines require a 3/4" hole for each fitting to pass through. Plus I am concerned about the flexibility of them.
    I have new poles on order so I don't know for certain how much flexibility they have yet.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have 2 different plates, both have holes for 3/4" grommets one has the holes closer together, just depends on the spacing you have now, I sell I lot of these for people upgrading to the new hoses
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    The existing holes are as shown in your photo. And they're the thickness of the old tubing, 3/8"? The new hydraulic lines require a 3/4" hole for each fitting to pass through. Plus I am concerned about the flexibility of them.
    I have new poles on order so I don't know for certain how much flexibility they have yet.
    I upgraded to the new hoses and used the Drewcraft SS plates. Hoses are very flexible not like the old hard plastic lines. My new hoses were a little too long so i just coiled them up like a garden hose put a piece of foam pipe wrap around them and zip tied the coil in place.

DREWTICK my existing holes are vertical and right on the curved area. It looks like whatever plate I use needs to bend slightly to fit snug. Can I bend your plates a little?

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    DREWTICK my existing holes are vertical and right on the curved area. It looks like whatever plate I use needs to bend slightly to fit snug. Can I bend your plates a little?
    I have some new ones that I had made thinner so they could be slightly bent, should be able to lay it over something round like a large deep well socket and bend it like in diagram
    but if you need to bend it opposite of what is shown it may be more difficult to bend in the shorter distance but still possible with a little careful work or someone with a slip roller could do it in seconds
    bendplate.png
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I have some new ones that I had made thinner so they could be slightly bent, should be able to lay it over something round like a large deep well socket and bend it like in diagram
    but if you need to bend it opposite of what is shown it may be more difficult to bend in the shorter distance but still possible with a little careful work or someone with a slip roller could do it in seconds
    bendplate.png
    Thanks. But I got pieces through Wacky Riggers that were made of black plastic. They flexed enough by simply tightening the screws.power pole plates - Copy.jpg

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Thanks. But I got pieces through Wacky Riggers that were made of black plastic. They flexed enough by simply tightening the screws.
    info@drewcraft.com

I got the original thick plates and did need to put a slight bend in them for a flush fit. Was not too difficult even on the thick SS plate.