Mercury 200EFI Fuel Delivery Issues

My 1995 200EFI has a fuel issue, I'm ready to throw a match in it and watch it burn.
    4 different mechanics, lots of money and problem still exists.

My By boat will fire right up, run at WOT then after a mile or less, it runs out of fuel but will idle perfectly all day if I let it.

This is a list of what has been changed and ruled out.

1. New tank pick up tube
    2. Primer bulb
    3. All new fuel lines
    4. New breather lines
    5. New low pressure fuel pump kit
    6. New high pressure pump
    7. ECU changed out
    8. Swith boxes changed out
    9. Stator tested well within spec
    10. Anti-siphon has been in and out with no improvement.
    11. Engine has less than 100 hours on New factory Mercury power heads. It ran great first season after rebuild, hasn't ran right since. All cylinders compression test well within spec, all close to 120 give or take.

I can remove the fuel pressure regulator and aim it outside the boat, turn key on and it will spray fuel on ground as long as pump is buzzing.
    Turn key on again, pump buzzes but only sputters fuel intermittently.
    Turn key on 3 more times, pump buzzes, no fuel comes through regulator.
    When we install a fuel pressure scale on the Schrader valve, it only holds pressure while pump is buzzing, then goes immediately to zero when pump shuts off. No visible leaks anywhere.
    Where is my pressure going?

I found another fuel pressure regulator, it's on its way. Might as well change it while I'm at it, right?

This issue happens whether on the water running or in the driveway with just the key on, heat is definitely not an issue.

This is on a beautiful Viper Cobra 201D and after rebuilding motor that I am now into about 13k, I'd really like to get her up and running again.
    I've been throwing parts at this motor for two years and am still forced to fish in the "wakeless speed" areas only.
    Please help!!🙏

You will get better results posting it in the appropriate Mercury Engine forum.. When you do ensure you have the serial number somewhere within the post..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

3. Member
    Done
    Thank you

4. Banned
    Had a 98 175 EFI that would shut off at WOT but wouldn't stutter at anything lower. Had it looked at multiple times no one could find anything wrong. Ran it that way for a season and it blew up the next spring. I'm convinced that the shutdown caused the cylinder damage.

5. Member
    I think you've almost narrowed the issue down yourself, by saying that you lose fuel pressure when the pump stops.