Moving to Rogers

Hey I am moving from northern Kansas to Rogers, Arkansas and I am curious if there is typically a sports and out doors show that usually happens in the area during the winter months?

2. Member
    Main reason for asking is I just sold my old Champion 190 and will be in the market for a new/newer boat soon and was wanting to check out some Bass Cats, Phoenix, and other boats.

3. Member
    When I was in the area there wasn't much of anything going on if it didn't involve Wal-mart, selling something to Wal-mart or shipping something for Wal-Mart.

4. Member
    We used to have a boat show but they don’t do that anymore. For Basscat, I recommend visiting Bella Vista Marine. They just remodeled their show and a nice dealership with plenty of Basscats in stock.

You will love Northwest AR. Tons to do. Plenty of outdoors. Beaver lake is close nearby and Table Rock, Bull, and Grand are an easy day drive to fish. Lots of tournament fishing as well if you are in to that.

5. Member
    Used to fish for Kansas State while in College so definitely enjoy tournament fishing, and looking forward to being that close to all of those fisheries. I will check out Bella Vista for sure.

Not much as far as shows in the area but the Tulsa boat show is pretty decent for something to do on a cold winter day. It’s a short drive from NWA. We go every year just to pass the time.

7. Member
    Welcome to NW Arkansas. It’s a beautiful area with lots to do. As for boat shows there aren’t any in our immediate area, but the Tulsa boat show isn’t a bad one. Went to it last year and wasn’t really impressed with the bass boat selection. Bella Vista Marine is our local BassCat dealer. I’m not about to bash a business, but I spoke to the owner about a service department issue and let’s just say he was less than professional. They will not be getting my business, but maybe you will have better luck. Also I’d be more than happy to take you out on my Lynx.

First off welcome to NWA! You can take a drive up to the Springfield MO area and check out some brands if you like. McAllister Marine in Highlandville, they sell Phoenix, and I am partial to them as I bought my boat there, they are great people to deal with. You can then head into Springfield and visit BPS, they'll of course have Nitros to look at, and I'm going to assume Rangers as well, I haven't been there since they bought Ranger so don't know for sure. There's a place in Nixa I believe that sells Skeeters. Not as convenient as going to a boat show, but if you've got nothing to do on a cold winter day, you can see some boats.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    First off welcome to NWA! You can take a drive up to the Springfield MO area and check out some brands if you like. McAllister Marine in Highlandville, they sell Phoenix, and I am partial to them as I bought my boat there, they are great people to deal with. You can then head into Springfield and visit BPS, they'll of course have Nitros to look at, and I'm going to assume Rangers as well, I haven't been there since they bought Ranger so don't know for sure. There's a place in Nixa I believe that sells Skeeters. Not as convenient as going to a boat show, but if you've got nothing to do on a cold winter day, you can see some boats.
    Just to add to this list, we just got a new boat dealer in Springfield, BoatWrx, they are a BassCat and Caymas dealer. They are also adding a section of the store that will be like the old Lew's Sportsman's Warehouse (they are closing). I heard the Gen Mgr of BoatWrx was the G.M at the Lew's store. Just FYI
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

10. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Just to add to this list, we just got a new boat dealer in Springfield, BoatWrx, they are a BassCat and Caymas dealer. They are also adding a section of the store that will be like the old Lew's Sportsman's Warehouse (they are closing). I heard the Gen Mgr of BoatWrx was the G.M at the Lew's store. Just FYI
    Where are they going to be at John ?
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

11. Member
    There's a giant boat and RV show every spring in rogers. But, it's not geared heavily towards fishing boats. Ive been a few times and there's usually a few to look at, but mostly skiing BS.

12. Member
    I'll throw out that Barling Boats in Ft Smith is a great dealer as well. Plus you're not too far away from Vexus, Ranger and Bass Cat plants if you ever wanted to take a tour.

Your best bet might be to drive a couple of hours to the Tulsa boat show:

https://tulsaboatshow.com/

They typically have quite a few bass boat dealers there, along with a LOT of RVs and pleasure boats.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    Where are they going to be at John ?
    Gene, they are off of 65 between Chestnut & Sunshine on the west side. They are right next door to the big Reliable RV dealership. They are open and seem to be selling quite a few boats.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

15. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Gene, they are off of 65 between Chestnut & Sunshine on the west side. They are right next door to the big Reliable RV dealership. They are open and seem to be selling quite a few boats.
    Thanks John, I think I'll make a road trip.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRCraft View Post
    Welcome to NW Arkansas. It’s a beautiful area with lots to do. As for boat shows there aren’t any in our immediate area, but the Tulsa boat show isn’t a bad one. Went to it last year and wasn’t really impressed with the bass boat selection. Bella Vista Marine is our local BassCat dealer. I’m not about to bash a business, but I spoke to the owner about a service department issue and let’s just say he was less than professional. They will not be getting my business, but maybe you will have better luck. Also I’d be more than happy to take you out on my Lynx.
    Thank you for the information and I may take you up on that offer once the holiday season is behind us.

17. Member
    If you're not to scared to be in a tin boat, I'd gladly take you out in my Vexus as well. I will say, I'm pretty much a rookie at fishing Beaver Lake. The Beaver tailwaters and local streams on the other hand....
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    If you're not to scared to be in a tin boat, I'd gladly take you out in my Vexus as well. I will say, I'm pretty much a rookie at fishing Beaver Lake. The Beaver tailwaters and local streams on the other hand....
    I’ve considered the aluminum Vexus or an Xpress boat.