Loomis NRX 916 UBR other uses?

What’s anyone found this rod to be suitable for besides the A-rig?

Dean , I purchased one to throw A-Rigs on but wound up using mine for punching and it worked ok, but was not ideal,, wound up selling and the guy I sold it to told me he was going to use it for frogs in really heavy slop,,, , have no clue how that worked out
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 11-29-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Dean , I purchased one to throw A-Rigs on but wound up using mine for punching and it worked good but was not ideal,, wound up selling and the guy I sold it to told me he was going to use it for frogs in really heavy slop,,, , have no clue how that worked out
    Thank you sir...did you think it was too stiff and not parabolic enough for punching? Seems to me like it would really rip a good hole in a fishes mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Thank you sir...did you think it was too stiff and not parabolic enough for punching? Seems to me like it would really rip a good hole in a fishes mouth?
    , thinking back , the punching I tried with it was not really in very heavy stuff, and no sir it did not have enough parabolic action for me ,but it did work , not great but it worked ,it was just one of those deals where I never could get comfortable with it ,, but in all fairness if you were punching really heavy grass mats with two ounce plus weights ,then I think it would work fine ,, I just don't have an occasion to punch anything that heavy , If memory serves that rod was rated to eight ounces ? ,, it was for sure a broomstick ,,, you could use it to get a good work out throwing an A-Rig all day
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 11-29-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    , thinking back , the punching I tried with it was not really in very heavy stuff, and no sir it did not have enough parabolic action for me ,but it did work , not great but it worked ,it was just one of those deals where I never could get comfortable with it ,, but in all fairness if you were punching really heavy grass mats with two ounce plus weights ,then I think it would work fine ,, I just don't have an occasion to punch anything that heavy , If memory serves that rod was rated to eight ounces ? ,, it was for sure a broomstick ,,, you could use it to get a good work out throwing an A-Rig all day
    Thank you.