Mount for Ultrex

So many questions asked on here without research on other threads before asking. If you do an Ultrex search, it seems every other question is a mount compatibility question. While this seems redundant, I have got little tidbits of new information from several of them by reading. That's a good thing.

With all of these people mounting back and forth between putting their Fortrex on Ultrex mounts, and changing spares back and forth... I need a new mount for my 2018 Ultrex 80. I think it is a 45", but need to know where to measure to confirm this for sure, I suppose. I bought the unit used knowing the mount needed to be replaced. They are very nice, but Minn Kota is also pretty proud of them based on the price. My question is this:
    Does anybody out there have an Ultrex mount laying in their garage that is in good working order that they would like to message (DM) me about so that I could potentially buy it?
    I'd love to find somebody parting one out from a wrecked boat or storm-trashed boat even. I would love to know for sure that it would fit mine so that I do not have to buy multiple mounts to get one that fits though.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Member
    I have one from a 52 inch. They way to tell easily to know what you have is to count the screws on the side plate. 3 screws is a 45, 4 screws is a 52. The one I have is off of a earlier model. There fore, if yours is a later model the mount base may have to be changed out. The mount base on the unit I have has 2 locator dimpels and at some point they updated the mount bases and mounts to have 4. You will have to disassemble it find which one you have. The early model will mount to the later but the later will not mount to the early. In other words, if your upper has 4 dimpels only a later mount will work for you unless you change out the base. If your interested in what I have give me a call. I can send ya pics of it. It is in perfect working order. 209 648 4852

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillJackJDS View Post
    So many questions asked on here without research on other threads before asking. If you do an Ultrex search, it seems every other question is a mount compatibility question. While this seems redundant, I have got little tidbits of new information from several of them by reading. That's a good thing.

With all of these people mounting back and forth between putting their Fortrex on Ultrex mounts, and changing spares back and forth... I need a new mount for my 2018 Ultrex 80. I think it is a 45", but need to know where to measure to confirm this for sure, I suppose. I bought the unit used knowing the mount needed to be replaced. They are very nice, but Minn Kota is also pretty proud of them based on the price. My question is this:
    Does anybody out there have an Ultrex mount laying in their garage that is in good working order that they would like to message (DM) me about so that I could potentially buy it?
    I'd love to find somebody parting one out from a wrecked boat or storm-trashed boat even. I would love to know for sure that it would fit mine so that I do not have to buy multiple mounts to get one that fits though.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Why not repair the mount? it would cost a lot less. If you just want to buy another mount then a 52" would work on a 45 Shaft. It will be longer and it may have(i am not sure) a different set of hole to mount on the boat compared to a 45" The motor would mount a little higher than a 45".

4. Member
    @mrsturggie, We will be in contact. Thank you!

@Bradrodfish, the mount was wrenched and he no longer had it when I got the unit. No other damage is noted other than a few superficial scarfs. Thank you for your help too. I wish I had the mount to replace a few simple parts on and have read enough on here to know a few issues to possibly anticipate, problem-wise, based on others' experiences and what parts are needed to fix them. This forum is really great. While I haven't been a member long, I sure am enjoying it.

5. Member
    I have found a mount. THANK YOU everybody for your assistance.
    This forum rocks!