Ranger Fiberglass fender availability

I just noticed that I have some stress cracks on my fenders and I’m really bummed about it since my boat/trailer is (was) almost perfect. It’s a 2007 521VX 2 tone red with silver pin. The cracks are not that noticeable so I’m not gonna loose sleep over it but with the way the parking lots are I can imagine that it’s pretty common that these fenders get smashed often. I am considering getting a spare set if they are available. Does anyone know if they are still available?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Should be, but the only way to find out is to call Ranger with your trailer ID number. Best not to call Monday morning after this long weekend. Shipping is pricey on an item like this. If you have a dealer you trust, making an arrangement to order through them could save you some money on shipping. They could get your fenders in with a boat shipment.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thanks. I have a great dealer in town.

4. Member
    Anyone have a ballpark price for 2007 VX tandem fenders full metal flake.

5. Member
    Haven’t bought a fender in about 10 years so... 10years ago a stripped fender(no lights, no emblems) was around 1250.00 for a tandem, I’m sure they are North of 1500.00 now

6. Member
    If your stress cracks are only in the clear you might look at a glass repair shop and get them fixed

should be around $750 each

8. Member
    I don’t think the stress cracks I have now are worth doing anything about since they are not really noticeable unless you are looking for them. I am pretty sure they are new but in reality they may have been there since I got the boat and I am just now noticing them.

Mostly just got me thinking about the unfortunate day when someone decides to really smash one in the parking lot and I find out that they are not available. They are really nice looking but somewhat vulnerable so having a spare set could be nice to have since I plan on keeping this boat a long time. I’m sure there are other parts of the boat that I will wish I had spares for someday too.

9. mikesxpress
    Jim once these saltine cracker fiberglass fenders on my 2009 Z21 Intracoastal finish cracking to the point of being unsafe I'm going to get aluminum diamond plate or 5 bar fenders as replacements. I don't believe you'll find a Ranger trailer out there that these things haven't cracked.

10. Member
    Mike that makes sense because I see zero signs of any impact other than the cracks and they are in strange places that seem like it would have been impossible to hit without chipping or scratching the surface.

11. mikesxpress
    They are pretty. For a little while.
    I'll take functional and durable over pretty any day.

12. Member
    Ranger will custom make a fender for your trailer, color-matched to original, if you contact them with your trailer serial number. Price for complete fender, including carpeted board, is $779.00, and they will ship to your house. (shipping costs calculated for where you live) It will take approximately 8 weeks. My fender was damaged in a parking lot and insurance is covering. Not difficult to self-install.

13. Banned
    Is there any way to fit traditional finders instead of the fiberglass ones??

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Is there any way to fit traditional finders instead of the fiberglass ones??
    Amy decent welding shop should be able to make stainless fenders. Gotta be less expensive. This is my plan. Tired of dealing with the boards falling off.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Amy decent welding shop should be able to make stainless fenders. Gotta be less expensive. This is my plan. Tired of dealing with the boards falling off.
    I know you can buy them at farm supply shops like princes auto here. They are primed ready to go,spray some black bedliner on it and boom...

I called Ranger, not a dealer and they gave me a price. I haven't pulled the trigger yet tho.