Anita 11/25/2020

After seeing reports by Redog, I decided that I just had to go to hit up Anita. The sad part is I chose a cold, windy day to do it! I got to the lake around 9 am and I want to say the air temp with the wind chill was like 31 degrees and overcast. It warmed up some by the end of the day but it definitely didn’t get quite to 40.

Water temp was 42-43, and just like in previous reports, they are a jerkbait really well. I even caught a couple of nice crappies on it! For the first part of the day, it was mostly small to barely keeper sized bass but the quality got a little better towards the end. Nothing bigger than about 3.5 pounds though. I’d guess that my best five would have went 13-14 pounds.

I caught 10 bass with all except one on the jerkbait. That one other was on a football jig. We tried lots of other baits and those were the only bites we had. They definitely wanted something that was up in the water column and it needed to move very slow.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

2. Member
    That’s great Steve81!! Sounds like a great day in November. I think we just have to dress for it. Most of my luck has been in front of the campground area. Did you have any luck in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    That’s great Steve81!! Sounds like a great day in November. I think we just have to dress for it. Most of my luck has been in front of the campground area. Did you have any luck in that area?
    That was by far our best area. I think we caught 2 in other areas but everything else came from the campground.