Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black friday rod deals

Has anyone seen any great deals on rods this year?
    2021 caymas cx21

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    20% off right now at Tackle warehouse
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    TW also has an additional 10% off on Ark rods making them 30% off. Got a new Cobb series skipping rod for $72. I prefer to buy from board sponsors but I don’t think any on here are Ark dealers anyway.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    20% off right now at Tackle warehouse
    Did anyone find a deal on Daiwa rods on Tackle Warehouse, I couldn't.

5. Member
    Kistler has the more you buy the bigger the discount up tp 50%

6. Banned
    Will TW honor 20% on Shimano rods? Thinking about another poison adrena.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota97 View Post
    Did anyone find a deal on Daiwa rods on Tackle Warehouse, I couldn't.
    Daiwa is excluded at TW. I’ve heard of people calling in an order and getting the discount but I’ve never tried. Check out American Legacy Fishing. You can use code “Daiwa” to get 20% off. I’d also call the Tackle Trap. They’re great folks and will deal with BBC members. They have a standing 10% BBC discount.

8. Member
    Here is the excluded list of products

Tackle Warehouse Excluded Brands
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Here is the excluded list of products

Tackle Warehouse Excluded Brands
    Saw that. As others have mentioned, isn’t there a way to ask TW for this discount to be added on some of those brands too?

10. Banned
    Buy one get one free on duckett inside series

11. Member
    Dobyns 25% off at American legacy and Landbigfish

12. Member
    I need to check out Mudhole and NF to see if they have any good deals on blanks and components.

13. Member
    Weird cause I checked the price of a Tatula CT and the 20% discount was applied when it was added to the cart.

But I also think it’s wrong to ask or expect a special discount on excluded items. It’s a good way to get a company in trouble and Why people think that’s ok is beyond me.

last time I looked Mudhole only had OEM blanks on clearance but I don’t even know what lineup those are. NFC has X-Ray blanks on sale for $75
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post

But I also think it’s wrong to ask or expect a special discount on excluded items. It’s a good way to get a company in trouble just because you think you deserve one. How people think that’s ok is beyond me. Guess it boils down to principles
    What the hell are you talking about?

Any business is allowed to sell a product at any price they want. This isn’t communist China, yet.

The only policy they have to obey is an advertised price minimum. The actual sale price is whatever they want. I’m not asking for a special discount only to be given to me. I’m only asking if TW will honor their 20% at the point of sale because this is a GD free country.

15. Member
    Commercial and advertised Sale prices are approved by the manufacturer, not the store. If a company lists exclusions, then they are honoring their word to the manufacture. Guess it’s a matter of ethics and principals.. The reason one of the board sponsors on this site can no longer sell Loomis or shimano is because they were giving sale pricing on non approved items.
    1995 Ranger 481v

16. Banned
    Commercial and advertised Sale prices are approved by the manufacturer, not the store. If a company lists exclusions, then they are honoring their word to the manufacture. Guess it’s a matter of ethics and principals.. The reason one of the board sponsors on this site can no longer sell Loomis or shimano is because they were giving sale pricing on non approved items.
    None of this is accurate. Literally not a word of it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
    ECobb91 is spot on!

A MAP price is a minimum amount that resellers agree not to advertise below. For example, if a backpack company sets a MAP price of $50 for its best selling item than all resellers including brick and mortar stores and Amazon resellers are obligated to advertise this product at $50 or more

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
    really? I worked in retail for 6years and have personally dealt with this exact. Companies have to get approval from the manufacturer to list items on sale. That’s why St Croix, shimano, Loomis, diawa, kistler, etc are never on sale unless it’s a discontinued item. Go ahead and try to order Loomis from Tackle Trap.

You do realize too that I literally echoed what you said in post #14 about the advertised pricing and now you’re saying it’s wrong

advertised sales and MAP (manufacturer approved pricing) are approved by the manufacturer. If a company lists a product as excluded in a sale, then that company did not authorize their items to be on sale. Asking a company to honor a sale price on a non sale item is asking them to not honor the manufacturer. It’s like going into Bass pro and expecting them to discount a Lowarnce because Humminbird is on sale.

obviously this is getting no where so to each their own. I’ll respect the companies policies in a free country. Just like you have the voice to not respect the policy and ask for sale pricing on non sale items.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 11-27-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

19. Banned

You do realize too that I literally echoed what you said in post #14 about the advertised pricing and now you’re saying it’s wrong
    No. You suggested that a manufacturer can enter into an agreement, of any kind, that controls a sellers transaction at the point of sale between a buyer and seller. This is 100% against the law. We live in a free market system. As such, a manufacturer cannot control the entirety of the process. Especially once a private business owner becomes the final transaction between producer and consumer.

Advertising is not selling.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    ECobb91 is spot on!

A MAP price is a minimum amount that resellers agree not to advertise below. For example, if a backpack company sets a MAP price of $50 for its best selling item than all resellers including brick and mortar stores and Amazon resellers are obligated to advertise this product at $50 or more
    Advertising is not selling. I don’t know how to make this more clear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast