Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best trailer steps...........

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Going to get a mount on set of steps to get on my Ranger Z119. Fell in the water twice this past year as I can't jump as far or as high as I used to and almost slipped off the trailer frame a few more. Seems like there are two types. Mounted on the winch tower or outer trailer frame. What are the pros/cons of each? Thank You in advance.

2. Member
    I have the easy step and love it when getting in the Triton. Bolts to the trailer frame mine has 3 steps and a hold bar. Step on the tongue step on the the steps while holding onto the bar and I'm on or off the boat.
    Rocket

3. Member
    I’m going to piggyback on this... any normal trailer steps made from aluminum? Academy has some ratcheting step thing made from aluminum but I want the style I have been seeing on bass boats.

4. Member
    I have the boat efx steps, they work great. These bolt to the winch post and are very well built. The powder coating matches my trailer and it makes it so much easy loading and unloading. I checked a few other brands but settled on these, the handle or post to hold onto has 4 bolts vs 2 on some of the others I've seen. I don't know if it makes that much difference but just looks like it would be more sturdy.
    https://boatefx.com/

I have the trick steps. Love them

I ordered mine with my boat build and they were welded to the winch tower.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Thank You for all the input. Ended up with Trick Steps as they seemed the best bang for the buck.

I just ordered trick step also. I like the way they are made.
    Rangerdeepv, did you also order the lock trick step sells? I didn't and am wondering if I should have
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    Rangerdeepv, did you also order the lock trick step sells? I didn't and am wondering if I should have
    I have Trick steps, I touched the end of each with the wire welder. 15 seconds with a cordless and the steps are off

Hope you have good luck with your Trick Steps mounted on your winch stand. Have several friends to attached trick steps to their winch stand and the first step aligns perfectly with their bumper. Mounted to the winch stand it's pretty far forward and really cuts your turning radius down, they all have bumper damage. LOL

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

10. Member
    No did not order the lock with them.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Hope you have good luck with your Trick Steps mounted on your winch stand. Have several friends to attached trick steps to their winch stand and the first step aligns perfectly with their bumper. Mounted to the winch stand it's pretty far forward and really cuts your turning radius down, they all have bumper damage. LOL
    Tell them to buy a longer draw bar.

OP which ever kind you buy get a grab bar!

You have any info on their lock? Heard they were working on something, but don’t see it on their site.

Yes I do. The sales rep sent me some pics. I'm not smart enough to post pics yet, lol so pm me your cell # and I'll forward the pics he sent me. Trying to attach a pic.
    627236093.jpg627236117.jpg627236106.jpg
    Last edited by Coach185; 11-29-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks Coach. That looks interesting. Gonna have to follow up on that and see about getting one.

I broke down and ordered one. Let me get it installed and I'll let you know if it was worth it.

I broke down and ordered one. Let me get it installed and I'll let you know if it was worth it.
    Deal

My Trick step is welded to my winch post. I would have to jackknife my Tundra to hit the bumper.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    Deal
    Ok, trick step installed. The "lock" is really a box that covers the 4 nuts with special torque type screws. It makes for a clean installation and looks nice.
    If someone really wants to steal your steps they are going to come up with a way to get them. This lock box makes it a little more difficult. So from the perspective of looks and some security it was worth the $50 bucks to me
    The steps themselves are very nice and quality of construction is top notch. After bolting up to winch post I tried them out. Very sturdy, no flex at all.
    I haven't hooked up my boat to my truck, but I did measure the high/low. Bottom step is lower than bumper and middle step is in the zone of the bumper. When I get my truck back I'll hook her up and test out any potential turning issues.
    20201202_154020.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coach185; 12-10-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks for the lock pics Coach. That wold definitely slow somebody down, but like you say, if they want them they will have them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast