Garmin Live Scope Head Unit

Adding new LVS32 unit, what 12" head unit is best and why? Only being used as stand alone for Live Scope, no networking. I can get a GPSMap 1222 at a great deal. Is this unit being discontinued? Is there a better unit foot this focused application?

Following..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

3. Member
    The 1222 is the unit I was looking at getting. I would be interested in hearing where you found that deal if you are willing to pass it along.
    05 Ranger 520vx
    Optimax 225 / 25 tempest
    8' power poles

When doing a stand alone unit for noting but Livescope the 1222 is the most economical 12" unit for your particular need. For this situation most people that want a 10" unit get the 1022 bundle and the ones who want a 12" unit get the 1222 bundle. The 1022 and 1222 are basic units that are not touch screen. They do not have some of the features like the higher end units but they can support the function of the Livescope box. This is what a lot of crappie and bass anglers are going to that already have Hbird or Lowrance to take care of their other needs. I plan on ordering a 1022 bundle on Monday just for the sole purpose to have a Livescope unit.

FYI Garmin currently has a $200 rebate going on for the purchase of the Livescope box. If all you buy is the head unit it does not qualify for the rebate but if you don't already have the black box you will need it so you will qualify for the $200 rebate when you buy the Livescope black box.

I bought the echomap for the touchscreen.

West marine has some units on sale.

https://www.westmarine.com/sale/fish...l-_-2020_11_27

7. Member
    Ive got a 1222. If you need it for scope only, it’s the cheapest route.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Ive got a 1222. If you need it for scope only, it’s the cheapest route.
    how do you like the screen?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    how do you like the screen?
    looks great to me. Garmin menus seem a lot more intuitive than my other birds. I don’t see the need for touchscreen for a livescope only unit.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Garmin is pretty tight lipped about new stuff coming out so you will not know what will be next and when. So for LiveScope only it won't matter except for screen size. Don't think you could go wrong with this unit.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Garmin is pretty tight lipped about new stuff coming out so you will not know what will be next and when. So for LiveScope only it won't matter except for screen size. Don't think you could go wrong with this unit.
    Only thing that isnt out so far is the new graph coming out. Should be shortly though

12. Member
    So Can I ask waht the least expensive rt. is to get livescope only added to my boat? I think I heard that a 10" screen is almost a must????

13. Member
    Just bought a 1222 from Hodges Marine. Their price for touch screen was a little less than anyone else for same model.
    Joey Aderhold

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    looks great to me. Garmin menus seem a lot more intuitive than my other birds. I don’t see the need for touchscreen for a livescope only unit.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    So Can I ask waht the least expensive rt. is to get livescope only added to my boat? I think I heard that a 10" screen is almost a must????
    You can do the 94, 9" screen, and dedicate it to LS. That's the cheapest way and it works well. Below 50', you want a unit with more pixels.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    Adding new LVS32 unit, what 12" head unit is best and why? Only being used as stand alone for Live Scope, no networking. I can get a GPSMap 1222 at a great deal. Is this unit being discontinued? Is there a better unit foot this focused application?
    I will gladly answer your question, it truly depends on your budget. The best unit for quality, clarity and processors are the 8600 series like the 8612, for the normal person that fishes for fun and for some tourneys here and there, the 1222xsv or 1222 touch unit is the best bang for your buck. I personally like the 1222xsv, it has the knob for dialing in and for adjusting, I prefer this over touch screen, personal preference. the next level is the 122sv, more money, better clarity more features. to me, the best all around valu 12" garmin unit is the 1222xsv model. If you can get a great deal on a 1222 get it, you wont be disappointed. I would be glad help with any additional questions you may have. shoot me a PM.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

17. Member
    I bought a 93 touch screen unit new back in April. Six weeks after that and after I finally figured out how to use it, I upgraded to the 1222 with the knob. I like the knob better. You can push the knob in and quickly access gain and range. If you use it for anything other than livescope, then I could see touch screen being useful. Since you are just livescope, I would do the knob

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James john View Post
    Only thing that isnt out so far is the new graph coming out. Should be shortly though
    I would think the info you have isnt supposed to be going out to the public just yet.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS