Curado 70 mgl vs chronarch mgl

Looking for input on the curado 70 mgl as debating chronarch mgl vs curado 70 mgl. I like the small profile of curado as own last gen 70s (non mgl) but wondering when recommended each. Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    I picked up a barely used Chronarch Ci4 and a new Chronarch MGL recently, and I wouldn't pick either of them over my Curado 71HG. I think the Chronarch's feel geary and plasticy, and i wish I had gotten a new 71 MGL instead.

Also the Chronarch feels huge, which surprised me.

They're fine reels, and if serviced and treated right, will be awesome for years, but I can't say I'd take one over the small profile Curados now.

I'd say line size would be a the biggest factor. I too have a couple Curado 71's(not the MGL's) along with a Chronarch MGL and they are both great reels. If I'm using 8-10, 12lb tops in line size, the Curado 71's get the nod. For 12lb+ I'd opt for the Chronarch due to the larger spool.
    My Chronarch MGL is buttery smooth and I'd imagine the new 70/71 Curado MGL's would be too.

4. Member
    I agree with JCB that the chronarch mgl feels big. I didn’t expect that either. I don’t have a ton of time with the 70mgl or chronarch mgl yet but I prefer the 70mgl due to its size. However, both are really smooth and cast great

I'm eyeing the curado 70mgl also. Have quite a few curado and scorpion 70s. Some are jerkbait reels with 8-10lb, some are spinnerbait reels with 15lb, and some have 20lb fluoro for pitching. Plenty of line capacity for me without a lot of waste. BUT, I don't often need to make long casts. If I needed a reel for dragging football jigs or such, I'd definitely pick something with a larger spool.

6. Member
    I think it's a lot of personal preference. Several people indicating they don't like the Chronarch MGL, but I have several of them and like them a lot. I have one or two Curado 70, and just don't care for the size of it.
    2023 Puma STS