Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerBob52O View Post
    My dad said this virus would take him out. I know that’s true. No trip to Science Hill this Thanksgiving. I am thankful to the Lord for their happy healthy lives to this old age. Happy thanksgiving!
    You are doing the right thing, don't let anyone tell you differently. Hopefully in a few months they will have been vaccinated (and you too) and you won't have to be concerned.

2. Member
    This year sucks!!! Not having Thanksgiving with my family, but I'm going to see my parents just going to keep my distance and no hugging. My wife's family is having a small gathering since they lost her Dad in March, they're going to try to social distance and be safe and hope no one gets Covid but they couldn't let her mom be alone the first holidays.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    This is a great post. The problem that we have right now though is that certain folks are trying to force their decision making on the rest of us.
    Which side of the isle are you own? Seems like both side are pushing their opinions.

4. Member
    Always noble to err on the side of caution.

On a side note. I could only wonder how the mass public reaction would be if the headlines worded themselves differently yet provided the same exact information.

"Such as 60,776,978 cases worldwide and 1,428,228 deaths or 12,838,102 cases in the USA and 262,847 deaths" to.

"A worldwide pandemic with a 97.7% survivability rate worldwide and 97.95% in the USA."

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    Always noble to err on the side of caution.

On a side note. I could only wonder how the mass public reaction would be if the headlines worded themselves differently yet provided the same exact information.

"Such as 60,776,978 cases worldwide and 1,428,228 deaths or 12,838,102 cases in the USA and 262,847 deaths" to.

"A worldwide pandemic with a 97.7% survivability rate worldwide and 97.95% in the USA."
    What fun would that be for them?

And I interpreted the forcing of decision comment as kids insisting on going to grandmas house even though it isn't the smart thing to do this year. Too many people in my family would have a tough recovery IF they survived this virus and the ones that have any sense are playing it smart and when they do go somewhere they're playing it extra safe. One of my uncles just got put in the ground 5 days ago at the age of 70 NOT FROM COVID but has been terminally ill for a while now. I just hope all families are splitting their gatherings up into smaller groups but I know many are being pig headed and doing what they always did with DOZENS of people packed into a really small space.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    My dad said this virus would take him out. I know that’s true. No trip to Science Hill this Thanksgiving. I am thankful to the Lord for their happy healthy lives to this old age. Happy thanksgiving!
    Happy thanksgiving to you too. I respect people taking precautions and doing the right thing to protect family. That is love. I , also, have a long list of things and people to be thankful for. We had to make a few decisions in a effort to do what we felt was the right decision . We've survived this so far and looks like relieve is close.

I feel like we are being asked to treat each other with respect by wearing masks and gloves. It's to me at least , simply being a good neighbor. We have a small family owned business and that sometimes is challenging. But we try to be cautious concerning the virus.

Don't listen to any negativity---continue to listen to your heart.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Wife and I are also home alone for the first time in 50 years . Even well before then we always went to one house or the other with family , This is B/S .
    you are correct sir,total total b/s.i hope there comes a time when whoever the responsible party is pays for this big time.seems like anymore instead of facing problems head on we tend to look the other way.jmo
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    This is a great post. The problem that we have right now though is that certain folks are trying to force their decision making on the rest of us.
    i agree with you but we are living in a time today where when it comes down to it people really dont care for whatever the reason.this sounds harsh but all you have to do is just look around.
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

9. Member
    I know that is Sad,but hopefully things will get better and you need to go spend time with them ASAP! I miss my parents and kick myself for not visiting them more!

10. Member
    I'm 73 and will be 74 in a few days. I have COPD and have been
    wearing a mask in public for yrs because of cigarette smokers.
    I dont need a government mandate to tell be to keep 6ft away from people
    or to wear a mask, and to wash my hands or use sanitizer.
    I do all these things automatically for self preservation, and will
    still be doing this when this nightmare goes away.
    The only upside of this, my habitual mask wearing blends in w/everyone else,
    and I dont have to answer question as to why I'm wearing it. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Science Hill, KY? I lived there when I was 4 - 5 years old. Missed the one room school by a few weeks.

P01135809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12