My Ranger updates

That "one last trip" was the last for our original Minn Kota Maxxum. Went above an island into the real skinny water and on the way back to the deep end, bumped a rock and took out the shaft. It really was not worth fixing at that point and parts would be hard to find so Bob at Ben Watts Marina in Fox Lake brokered a deal with a customer who wanted to update his almost new Fortrex 80. I have wanted to increase power and this kind of dropped in my lap. The Maxxum was a great workhorse but at max power it was still difficult to move upstream. I worried about the placement of my forward transducer because the Fortrex skeg would be behind the transducer. But the Fortrex has an internal universal transducer that can be connected with an adapter cord to the Lowrance.

The bench seats held up great but some seams have given out and too much foam was appearing. We found a shop in Mundelein that does great work at reasonable pricing and the seat is "in the shop". Last, the old cover could only slow down the rain, was faded pretty bad and needed to be retired. We have ordered a new, waterproof cover from National. They say they have patterns for a huge number of boats including ours. So, come spring we will be restored excepted for the many Mississippi River nicks, scratches, and bruises. Can't come soon enough. Happy Thanksgiving - and Christmas Season to all of you all........

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Love the older Rangers and they are well worth restoring. I'm still running and loving my 2002 520VX. The crappie are on fire here so I'm fishing every other day at least. Life is good.

3. Member
    Im happy for you both!

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar

5. Member
    That's a nice crappie !

Looks delicious!

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200