Ulterra stuck halfway deployed

Hello,
    I performed this prop pivot procedure on my Ulterra, exactly as demonstrated:

Unfortunately now the motor will not stow or deploy after I plugged it back in, it is stuck halfway.

I tried the reset procedures to no avail. The trim reset won’t start I assume because the motor is not fully deployed.

Any ideas? I guess I should have followed the procedure in the manual instead as I noticed it was quite different after the fact.

Remote shows motor half deployed which is correct, and will show that the motor is stowing or deploying when buttons are pressed, but the motor will not move.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Member
    you could call Minn Kota they helped me when I first installed mine,I didnt have enough slack in the wires so it stopped half way.Had to take the cover off the left side and make the motor think it deployed.There are sensors that let the motor know it is stoyed or deployed.

3. Member
    Remove the right side cover of the base. Remove the motor ramp.(2 allen screws) Behind the motor ramp there is a lever. Move the lever down so it is in front of the sensor. Press the store button on the remote. If you have the right power to the motor it should store. If you have a power issue then it will not store. Replaced all removed covers.
    This troll motor is very sensitive to power requirements. It is also very sensitive to voltage surges. Please make sure when you charge your batteries that you remove power from the troll motor.
    Unplug or turn off the battery breaker. If you don't have one add one in and ensure it it a min of 60 amps. This procedure must be done every time you charge. Chargers have created problems with Ulterra.

4. Member
    Thank you very much, that worked like a charm.