Thread: New LiveScope ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question New LiveScope ?

Hello everyone and happy thanksgiving,

Has anyone any information about a new livescope ?
    Humminbird and Lowrance will deliver in 2021 technologies that might be similar to livescope, I guess that Garmin will come up with something new to keep their advantage over its challengers.
    Their last patent is about what looks like a livescope 3D..
    https://patentimages.storage.googlea...00256967A1.pdf

Looks like the ghost tree is filtered out in illustration 9A/9B
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    WOW, pretty incredible stuff. I can't say I understand it all but the parts I do sound unbelievable. Here is part of the description.

Various techniques are described herein for pro viding three - dimensional functionality to frequency steered
    sonar array systems . Three dimensional sonar is beneficial in several ways : better awareness of structures and their true shape ; ability to track a target such as a fish or a lurei.e . turn the transducer with full knowledge of which direction the target is travelling . The three dimensional techniques described herein may be utilized in combination with com puter vision to automatically identify underwater targets to
    pan one or more transducer mounts and / or control a trolling motor to properly position the sonar . Targets may be tracked and pursued and records of every cast and retrieval may be made automatically to make records of , and / or alert the fisherman of significant events such as fish pursued lure and / or fish struck lure . Additionally structure may be iden tified and tracked to hold position on the structuree.g . , control the sonar system to continue to insonify the structure and its surrounding areas despite movement of the system . Such functionality improves sonar performance for the
    fisherman he or she is able to continuously image an underwater target without manually tinkering with the ori entation of the trolling motor and / or sonar transducer

4. Member
    I sure hope it won't do all that, too much technology, leaving out the skill of fisherman, to automatically track and tell you fish is following bait then tell you he is biting bait will be going too far,might as well get dynamite or sane net,I love technology but I still want the skill in the game,hope I am reading some of this wrong

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We will be able to see the fish swim sideways

6. Member
    Royt

Various techniques are described herein for pro viding three - dimensional functionality to frequency steered
    sonar array systems . Three dimensional sonar is beneficial in several ways : better awareness of structures and their true shape ; ability to track a target such as a fish or a lurei.e . turn the transducer with full knowledge of which direction the target is travelling . The three dimensional techniques described herein may be utilized in combination with com puter vision to automatically identify underwater targets to
    pan one or more transducer mounts and / or control a trolling motor to properly position the sonar .
    Targets may be tracked and pursued and records of every cast and retrieval may be made automatically to make records of , and / or alert the fisherman of significant events such as fish pursued lure and / or fish struck lure . Additionally structure may be iden tified and tracked to hold position on the structuree.g . , control the sonar system to continue to insonify the structure and its surrounding areas despite movement of the system . Such functionality improves sonar performance for the
    fisherman he or she is able to continuously image an underwater target without manually tinkering with the ori entation of the trolling motor and / or sonar transducer

I saw that also and texted a screenshot of that paragraph from the pdf. to a friend this morning.

Sound like it's game on for Garmin that surely will require me to purchase yet another new compatible MFD and possibly a new compatible Tmotor.

Sounds like exciting (read expensive) stuff in the near future.

I had a feeling this was coming. I held off putting live scope on my new boat. Cant wait to see what this new system can do.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I had a feeling this was coming. I held off putting live scope on my new boat. Cant wait to see what this new system can do.
    Same here

I bet this is going to cost a pretty penny
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Is it just me or does anyone else have that feeling we’re not supposed to be seeing this yet? Does look interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Genec View Post
    I sure hope it won't do all that, too much technology, leaving out the skill of fisherman, to automatically track and tell you fish is following bait then tell you he is biting bait will be going too far,might as well get dynamite or sane net,I love technology but I still want the skill in the game,hope I am reading some of this wrong
    It still takes skill to catch them. Electronics don’t automatically put fish in the boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

What just dawned on me was this. If we have this technology just to fish with what does our military have?

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    What just dawned on me was this. If we have this technology just to fish with what does our military have?
    There have been better sonar than livescope available to salt water billionaires for 20 years. The military has had tools more effective than this for 50 years.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

13. Member
    Patent is an interesting read. Wonder how much time until we see this commercially....and for like MichAngler asked, I wonder for much $$.

looked up the inventors. First name listed is Jeff Wigh, a Purdue grad. Great to see a fellow boilermaker engineer making contributions like this. Boiler up.

Also interesting that the provisional was filed in feb 2019... then he left garmin in late 2019 to start his own firm.
    Last edited by BoilermakerZ519; 11-26-2020 at 02:22 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else have that feeling we’re not supposed to be seeing this yet? Does look interesting though.
    That and how do people get their hands on this information. If it’s public information who has the time and who thinks to look this stuff up?

I agree, it does sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    That and how do people get their hands on this information. If it’s public information who has the time and who thinks to look this stuff up?

I agree, it does sound interesting.

My wife is a Patent Lawyer and stats this is public info. Just have to know where to look.

"Patent Application Publication"

16. Banned
    So which one of our beta testers has/is using it? Winchester, Ring fry???

17. Member
    Makes me wonder about the LVS12......not including the "center" element equates to a $1,000 savings for Garmin?

I imagine there are a few of these 3D live scopes running around. Seems the beta testers get one to play with a few months before they are released to the public. The public testing is were the fine details get ironed out unfortunately.

19. Member
    sounds like Garmin is going to stomp everyone again. and it's going to cost me alot of money. For the guys saying its going to far, you still have to get the fish in the boat. which i've proven over and over again, that just because you see fish, and those fish are slightly interested in what you are throwing, it doesn't mean squat. Something that i've had to force myself to do with livescope is to move on when they won't bite and not waste time throwing the boat at them.
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampageman View Post
    sounds like Garmin is going to stomp everyone again. and it's going to cost me alot of money. For the guys saying its going to far, you still have to get the fish in the boat. which i've proven over and over again, that just because you see fish, and those fish are slightly interested in what you are throwing, it doesn't mean squat. Something that i've had to force myself to do with livescope is to move on when they won't bite and not waste time throwing the boat at them.
    This is so true and moving on being the hard part because watching fish interact with your bait is so much fun and distracting .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast