Thread: New LiveScope ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Yes seeing them smack the baits and not eating it just really makes you mad .

2. Member
    Yes seeing them smack the baits and not eating it just really makes you mad .
    Especially when you see a few racing to the bait and just stop before the hit.

It's like they are having a conversion down there.

You first.

No, you first, I insist.

3. Member
    I almost bought a live scope on Black Friday with the 200.00 rebate from Garmin but decided to wait because I don’t believe Garmin would offer a rebate unless they are getting ready to introduce a new unit. Do you think they would wait until ICAST in September to introduce?

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    This is not the first rebate on LS, they had one early spring this year. No expert on patents but I believe this patent was when LS first came out and from the looks maybe they expanded on it.

Who knows but these days people find stuff on the net and run with it without knowing.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike South View Post
    I almost bought a live scope on Black Friday with the 200.00 rebate from Garmin but decided to wait because I don’t believe Garmin would offer a rebate unless they are getting ready to introduce a new unit. Do you think they would wait until ICAST in September to introduce?
    I was debating, but then I was thinking about all the graphs on sale too. You just might be forced into a new graph with the new livescope. I’ll take the rebate and found a BF special, I’ll end up at $1149 for the system. Worth it to me, but I am a tightwad.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    This is not the first rebate on LS, they had one early spring this year. No expert on patents but I believe this patent was when LS first came out and from the looks maybe they expanded on it.

Who knows but these days people find stuff on the net and run with it without knowing.
    Top right corner of the patent is the date of filing, Aug 13th 2020,
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

7. Member
    Filed in February. Published Aug 13.
    Figures 16 & 17 looks like the LiveScope we have.
    Figures 18 & 19 looks like LVS and a combo transducer all-in-one.
    Figure 21B looks like LVS12 with a 2d element added
    Figure 21C looks like LVS32 with a 2d element added
    21L is interesting.
    Sure going to need a big screen for all this.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    If I understand this right, then 21K is could be a combo transducer for both Forward and Perspective view which would be fantastic. 21L is basically Forward Livescope, Down imaging, Side imaging and Chirp combined.

I really like using the Persective view for navigating through stumps and things in shallow muddy water. It would be great to see that expanded on with a combo so both can run at once.

9. Member
    I don't think they have any intention of marketting all these variations. Looks to me like a CYA on the patent process. I've said for a long time now that they possess "in-house" the tech knowhow for a host of new products. IMO what Lowrance came to market with shows they are constrained by Garmin's patents. It's going to be interesting to see what Humminbird comes out with in March.....if they face the same constraints?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I don't think they have any intention of marketting all these variations. Looks to me like a CYA on the patent process. I've said for a long time now that they possess "in-house" the tech knowhow for a host of new products. IMO what Lowrance came to market with shows they are constrained by Garmin's patents. It's going to be interesting to see what Humminbird comes out with in March.....if they face the same constraints?
    Then there is Lowrance’s Active Target as well as Humminbird ’s MEGA LIVE.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 11-30-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Looks to me like a CYA on the patent process.
    Exactly my thoughts......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

12. Member
    I'll just say this, next gen livescope should be mind blowing.
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    That and how do people get their hands on this information. If it’s public information who has the time and who thinks to look this stuff up?

I agree, it does sound interesting.
    You can find patents/applications pretty easily actually.
    Fish have fins, they swim

14. Member
    I’ve just had a browse through the documentation, I have no idea what it is or what it does, but I want it, and I want it now!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kunfuka View Post
    Their last patent is about what looks like a livescope 3D..
    https://patentimages.storage.googlea...00256967A1.pdf

It's not as revolutionary as you guys seem to think. It's not fully 3D! It's more like an improved version.

16. Member
    Any idea on the release of the new Garmin tech? Trying to figure out what to outfit my boat with to start the year. I currently don't have any 'live' tech but want to get into either the Lowrance, Garmin or HB live game. I assume Garmin will remain ahead, but want their newest tech when it's out this year if I'm going with Garmin.
    Thanks

17. Member
    I would certainly wait for HB coming up with something if you're totally brand neutral. Their tech is based on a different principle and has the potential to deliver better images. In terms of maxing out Livescope, Lowrance is close. The next generation from Garmin will be interesting. Maybe a fish chasing version, going by what the patent says. I'd hope for real 3D but unlikely to happen due to processing power needed and super expensive transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by fischbear View Post
    I would certainly wait for HB coming up with something if you're totally brand neutral. Their tech is based on a different principle and has the potential to deliver better images. In terms of maxing out Livescope, Lowrance is close. The next generation from Garmin will be interesting. Maybe a fish chasing version, going by what the patent says. I'd hope for real 3D but unlikely to happen due to processing power needed and super expensive transducer.
    Page 15 of the patent describes using RADAR to track a cast lure and use that data to aim the sonar transducer to that location so sonar can track the retrieve. That may cost a few dollars to implement.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I wonder how many patents are awarded and nothing ever is produced??

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

20. BBC SPONSOR
    A bunch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast