Gator Trax Strike Series experience

Hi everyone, I've recently starting doing research on what my next boat will be. Two previous boats were Champion 18ft and 16ft, but am not sure what direction to go from here. I've recently moved where I am now closer to inshore/marsh and was considering a tin boat. I'm always going to make time to get some bass fishing trips in, but would like to explore the marsh and try and target reds more often as my wife and child enjoy that. I'm tired of fighting keeping carpet clean while inshore fishing so I started looking at tin boats with layouts that allow for bass fishing. The strike series looks promising and their center console SS looks like it would make cruising in the marsh much easier. Does anyone have any experience or opinions regarding these boats/designs? Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and good luck to everyone on the water and in the woods!

2. Member
    Well we always heard good things about them.

3. Member
    A few folks that post on here have them. They always seemed like an outstanding boat but the price for entry is pretty high.

4. Member
    From what you are describing I would look at the GatorTrax GT model vs the strike series. You can still get the center console and all the storage but I have read that it runs shallower. Im sure you make a sacrifice in rough water. If I was cruising a marsh I dont thin I would want the Strike Series unless I was fishing other big water were speed matters. Also the GT is close to half the price....

May Ranger does not have carpet for those exact reasons you have mentioned. Also I have the Ranger Aluminum Trailer as I fish Salt, Brackish, and Fresh Waters. Xpress makes a nice rig for what you are considering. Just too tight between the helm and seat for me.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

6. Member
    This boat is pretty much everything you could want in an aluminum bass boat. My only question would be is how does it ride in rough water, and how dry is it. My experience with aluminum boats, including my Pro V Bass, is that the lack of bow flare creates a lot of spray. This boat is interesting, as it appears they tried to create a bit of flare to direct spray down and away.

7. Member
    Have y'all watched hid you tube videos on how there built ,after he spent years repairing aluminium boats

8. Banned
    My second favorite Gator Trax Youtube video is the one where Kent claims that he has enough aluminum in just the floor bracing alone, to build an entire "brand x" boat. That got my attention. I was skeptical at first, but it turns out that it's true (or very nearly true).