Question Cooler Stereo, anyone???

In my 16' Princecraft, I have kept it very simple. But I do like music on occasion, when running to a fishing spot. Rather than wire in a dedicated stereo, I decided to try something I saw online. Making a cooler stereo. Started out with an old 28 qt cooler I had lying around. I found a very shallow-mount stereo, and some speakers I had in a box.

I cut through the outer shell, and dug out the insulation. Then I used a heat gun on the inner liner to stretch it to accommodate the depth of the components, without breaking. So the cooler is still 100% useable. I keep the water in it, and play tunes while on the water.

Here is a pic of mine. Has anyone else done the same?
    20190509_185250.jpg

2. Member
    Nah, I carry a little Bose Soundlink Mini speaker and stream from my phone.

If you like that cooler idea go for it. Looks like you did a good job.

3. Member
    Nice job.

4. Member
    I have a bluetooth speaker and it sounds good, but this one is waterproof, stays in the boat, and can hold ice, cold drinks and tasty crappie and walleye, if I'm catching. The Blaupunkt stereo was $19, a pair of Pyle speakers is $13, the waterproof cover is $9, and the antenna was $5.

Was a neat little project, but I've really used this thing since I made it a year or two ago. I see a lot of these online, so I'm surprised not to get a bunch of feedback from other users.