Fish biting anywhere?

My son is coming home for Thanksgiving and we going fishing Friday. I’ve been last two weekends at Falls and really sucked. One fish each trip. Prior to that bad storm work with DOT and haven’t got out. Been over a month since I’ve caught more than a few. I’m just trying to find some advise where to take my son Friday. Looking at Kerr, Gaston, RR reservoir, Falls or lake royale. I’m guessing the rivers are still to high. Thanks a ton for any help.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

I would most certainly go to kerr
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Fish are biting like crazy on Gaston. Caught over 30 on Sunday with it being a 50/50 mix of spots and largemouth. Of those 30 20-25 were all keepers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane11991 View Post
    Fish are biting like crazy on Gaston. Caught over 30 on Sunday with it being a 50/50 mix of spots and largemouth. Of those 30 20-25 were all keepers
    Agree gaston is doing ok. I have not had a day like Shane but 10-15 a day no problem with a couple 3lbers stuck in there.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

Kerr....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Thanks guys. We went to Kerr. Had my best day in a long time. We boated over 40. All but 5 were dinks lol. Still fun thou.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

7. Banned
    We got back last Monday after camping up there for 5 nights. Only fished 2 days and daughter took the boat out every day. I did go out that Sunday morning about 10 and fished till 4 with her hubby. Luckily stumbled on what the bigger fish wanted early in the day and where they where. Nothing over 6 though good day to show someone who, what, when,where and how. The jerkbait bait was never ending but never one above 2 1/2 pounds. We caught 35 in 1 hour on a jerkbait the last hour just so he could get a real good feel for fishing that type bait. The big bass were very healty and about to bust like me in the gut area.

8. Member
    I should've sucked it up and went to Gaston. It's an hour and a half drive for me. I decided to take the 30 minute drive to Maple Cypress on the Neuse. Bad decision, water was high, flowing fast, and I didn't get a single bite. Was barely able to get my boat on the trailer.

9. Member
    They sure ain't biting on the Roanoke/Chowan. Spent 2 weekends trying to find them and I can't. The water is so messed up on the Roanoke it's ridiculous. High, muddy and really really fast.
    2023 Ranger Z520R - Mercury ProXS 250 HP
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    They sure ain't biting on the Roanoke/Chowan. Spent 2 weekends trying to find them and I can't. The water is so messed up on the Roanoke it's ridiculous. High, muddy and really really fast.
    if i lived as close to the outer banks as you do I would grab a surf rod and go there and catch some of those tasty whiting!!!