Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think the big 3 got together, and decided to do what is best for us fishermen.

It wasn’t fair that Garmin had all the best live sonars. They shared, so the Bird and Lowrance guys wouldn’t be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I would imagine they licensed the 1st gen Panoptix like Lowrance did. Garmin wouldn't license their current tech to anyone, why would they? They are the only real players in the current "live" game.
    Does that make any sense from a marketing perspective?...maybe if it was 99 bucks. I would imagine HB would like some profit from this release. They know what they are competing against. A gem 1 type product won’t sell squat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I think the big 3 got together, and decided to do what is best for us fishermen.

It wasn’t fair that Garmin had all the best live sonars. They shared, so the Bird and Lowrance guys wouldn’t be left out.
    I agree, I think this is exactly what is happening

4. Member
    Licensing is where the money is, Garmin didn't get as big as they are by being dumb.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

5. Member
    If it turns it works as good as livescope the black box will be a mystery

6. Banned
    Chances of it being as good? None.

Chances that Garmin releases something better and licensed their current LiveScope to HB? Very good.

Garmin holds the patent keys to that castle. So unless HB designed their own tech from the ground up, without infringing on Garmin's patent's, there's virtually no chance it'll be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Chances of it being as good? None.

Chances that Garmin releases something better and licensed their current LiveScope to HB? Very good.

Garmin holds the patent keys to that castle. So unless HB designed their own tech from the ground up, without infringing on Garmin's patent's, there's virtually no chance it'll be better.
    Screenshot taken for later.

Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    I heard a rumour that it is the exact same tech, received from Garmin as part of the SI settlement. No idea if it's true, might be BS.
    I don't have all the details but your on to something. If you look close you can see the transducer looks exactly like the Garmin transducer.

Garmin is one or two steps ahead of everyone else in marine electronics. So if you think HB just caught up you would be wrong. There is a reason Garmin is offering rebates on live Scope.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 11-25-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    If I had to wager money on it I would guess garmin isnt coming out with anything new and decided it was now more profitable to license the tech out. I dont know why people would think that the lowrance and humminbird stuff could not possibly be better than the garmin is ridiculous. Just because they license the tech doesnt mean they wouldn't be able to come out with a much better version of it... Time will tell but I'm on the side that believes theres going to be a lot of butt hurt garmin people.

Quote Originally Posted by franktank009 View Post
    If I had to wager money on it I would guess garmin isnt coming out with anything new and decided it was now more profitable to license the tech out. I dont know why people would think that the lowrance and humminbird stuff could not possibly be better than the garmin is ridiculous. Just because they license the tech doesnt mean they wouldn't be able to come out with a much better version of it... Time will tell but I'm on the side that believes theres going to be a lot of butt hurt garmin people.
    So did you put your pre order in for the Mega Live yet?
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    So did you put your pre order in for the Mega Live yet?
    Nope, but looking forward to seeing what they release. Based on your previous post I cant wait to see how off the walls your going to be if they do release something better than garmin lol.

Nope, but looking forward to seeing what they release. Based on your previous post I cant wait to see how off the walls your going to be if they do release something better than garmin lol.
    I'll be happy as.......

Seeing that I have 2 Solix's that means all I have to do is buy the mega live transducer rather than a complete Garmin setup

with nothing but rumors and winter here I'm more than happy to sit back and watch people speculate
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I don't have all the details but your on to something. If you look close you can see the transducer looks exactly like the Garmin transducer.

Garmin is one or two steps ahead of everyone else in marine electronics. So if you think HB just caught up you would be wrong. There is a reason Garmin is offering rebates on live Scope.
    I Garmin is offering rebates, that's the best sign that you'll get that they're coming out with something new. They have to clear out old inventory. That's been the M.O. of these manufacturers for years.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I Garmin is offering rebates, that's the best sign that you'll get that they're coming out with something new. They have to clear out old inventory. That's been the M.O. of these manufacturers for years.
    This isnt the first time garmin has offered this rebate...

15. Banned
    So is the picture going around of a supposed screen shot of hummingbird live allowed here?

16. Member
    I would not be surprised if Garmin moved away from livescope and focused on other sectors of there business. We all love livescope but it’s small potatoes for Garmin and like other companies it was probably a rough year for profits.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    I would not be surprised if Garmin moved away from livescope and focused on other sectors of there business. We all love livescope but it’s small potatoes for Garmin and like other companies it was probably a rough year for profits.
    Actually I think Garmin and Johnson Outdoors had a banner year this year.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
    So is the picture going around of a supposed screen shot of hummingbird live allowed here?
    Post it

19. Member
    Post it
    Do iitttt!!

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    What are you talking about?

Garmin had a 22% increase in marine electronics sales in just three first 13 weeks of 2020 at almost $170 MILLION in sales!

Download and read the entire 110 page report if you’d like but they specifically mention the live scope technology as a massive earner for them.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/newsroo...c-uncertainty/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast