Thread: Time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Still got it. After 28 years, still running. Was a barn find 5 years ago. This spring gotta tidy up some electrical items. Got 4 into 1 vance and hines exhaust. Had the carbs cleaned at HVCC. I got questionable jetting at this time. Runs perfect but it sounds a wee bit lean above 8 k. It pulls hard from 3k up. Power comes on quick from idle so I wanna get that smoothed out to make it easier to ride. I think throttle cable isn't helping either. Plans are to get on dyno at a local speed shop and get carbs set. Gonna be $$$ so gotta save some. I've had thoughts of selling it and getting something newer and lighter, but when I see it in the garage it a ZX1100... Be crazy to sell it. I live on rt 20 and one day I showed people at my house what the bike can do, they all shut up after that.
    It's my daily driver most of the time. Crappy roads and venison keep me driving easy. It's a big heavy bike, but when you get on it, you better be ready, stuff starts happening quick. Squids can zip around on their little 600's, but in the end life begins at 1100!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

2. Member
    Alumicraft,
    You are right that there is no replacement for displacement, whether is on 2 or 4 or no wheels. If you were closer, I would send you to my cousin for him to dial it in for you. He is a dang good wrench when it comes for bikes, and dragged raced them for many yrs. Everything costs way too much money this days.

Be well and have a blessed Christmas and New Year

3. Member
    I actually got a huge boost 2 years ago by finding brand new carb boots on ebay. That was amazing. I got a retired kawasaki mechanic 2 blocks from my house. He swears a lot when he works on it but I heard at the bar he says it's the most amazing engine he ever worked on. Valves and gaskets done last time in.
    Kinda wanted to ride it to a bass tourney next year as a non boater... Used to goto Fla every spring in the 80's on my original 84 900 ninja. Rods strapped on the back seat.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I actually got a huge boost 2 years ago by finding brand new carb boots on ebay. That was amazing. I got a retired kawasaki mechanic 2 blocks from my house. He swears a lot when he works on it but I heard at the bar he says it's the most amazing engine he ever worked on. Valves and gaskets done last time in.
    Kinda wanted to ride it to a bass tourney next year as a non boater... Used to goto Fla every spring in the 80's on my original 84 900 ninja. Rods strapped on the back seat.
    Dude, you are alot more adventurous than I am these days. I don't ride anymore since after the 3rd near miss, but I stick to the track or my selected secluded roads to enjoy my triple digit indulgences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12