Time

What do you guy do in the off season ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    hunt, work, build show hot rods clean and organize tackle for next year..
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-26-2020 at 09:52 AM.

3. Member
    Fish all year round whether hard water or ice fishing. It never ends.

RC car racing, computer games, boat & gear prep
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

5. Member
    Ice fishing and I might get back into hiking during the winter to avoid the summer tourist crowds in the ADKs but I haven’t gone since I got married 2yrs ago and haven’t hiked regularly since college 6yrs ago. Also might start skiing again (another thing I haven’t done since college). Im really out of shape now so it’ll suck.

Just started building rods last year and I have about 4 that I need to make for other people and have a few I want to make for myself. Otherwise that’s about it, not much to do around the herkimer area. I’d love to get into go kart racing the canastota speedway closed
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Sit in my boat in the garage with a cup of coffee......and sulk.

7. Member
    I work alot. Been buying a lot of tackle on ebay This fall. Added 4 old all star rods to the collection along with 4 daiwa emblem spinning reels. Been selling stuff I don't use. I am planning trips for next year that I will never go on. About the only thing for sure is I will be going to the Hudson a lot for catfish. That was fun last year. Gonna try for the st Lawrence a few times next fall. That was an epic failure this year.
    Got a few projects on the bike to finish. Somebody backed into my car so gotta get that fixed, very convenient time of year for that, plus got 13 day schedule at usps. I don't see daylight off the clock much.
    Every sat night after work I get beer and hang out in the kitchen cooking stuff. That's been fun.
    I got the rubber boat, could go fishing just about anywhere with that but I don't have a good way to get it around. Looking for a cheap utility trailer. A lot of great little places to put that in.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

8. Member
    Go watch the grand kids play sports, but not this year virus has put a stop to that so no basketball or indoor soccer.

9. Member
    Hunker down and wait for April. I used to like going to AHL hockey games. Not sure if that'll happen this year.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

Take the dog for LONG walks, watch Bass U and You Tube videos, tie crappie and bass jigs, play with tackle, practice tying FG knots, go to Florida for two weeks, AND I eat too much! Did I say I go to Florida?!

11. Member
    watch college basketball, guitar lessons, sort through my tackle, enjoy my grandkids/nieces/nephews, home repairs, etc..

12. Member
    Still fishing till ice on, then switch to ice fishing and snowmobiling . Always a little something to do on the boat and gear while waiting for the thaw.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4bassin View Post
    Sit in my boat in the garage with a cup of coffee......and sulk.
    ^^^This! Way too much for next 90 days or so...power plant lakes open Mar 1...You'd think 90 days wouldn't be too tough...You'd be wrong

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    ^^^This! Way too much for next 90 days or so...power plant lakes open Mar 1...You'd think 90 days wouldn't be too tough...You'd be wrong
    I’ll hit the 90day mark mid January. Then we still have another 4 months until most lakes are clear of ice. Usually winterize in mid October because the weather is pretty unpredictable, then full ice out is about mid April. A good 7 months of waiting to make a cast.

Some years I can ice fishing by thanksgiving weekend on some small ponds and the main lakes i bass fish a couple weeks after. then there’s a year like this where it’s going to be mid 40s for highs right up to the first week in December. I don’t want to take a chance with it and my mechanic usually fills up pretty fast with reservations for storage so third weekend in October my boat goes for the long sleep.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 11-29-2020 at 07:07 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    This year the boat isn't getting winterized until I know we can get plenty of ice fishing in. I know they're predicting a well above normal temperature outlook for the northeast this winter, which SUCKS because I look so forward to ice fishing.

16. Member
    Last 3 days were great days to go fishing... I was working.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Last 3 days were great days to go fishing... I was working.
    Yeah I fished Fri and Sunday, cant get much better weather for almost Dec! Water temps were still 46-47 with a pretty good bite.

18. Member
    Heading out tomorrow. Looking at the long term forecast it will probably be my last trip. I keep my boat in the garage so I can pull it out at any time if we get a good weather stretch. A few years ago I fished in Jan and Feb.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

19. Member
    Heads up for meteors and Tim marvin...

20. Member
    Hey Alumicraft145,

Do you still have the '92 Kaw ZX11?
    I had a '93 ZX11 that I could not get to break the 170+ mph mark even after my cousin worked it some. I would pag the throttle WOT for 1/2 mile and it would just stay in that 167-170 mph, and my '99 XLT Special Triple worked was the same dang way 107-111 mph till my thumb would cramp all the way down the runway.
    Sold them years back, but was fun in those yrs. Great memories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast