G4N to Mercury Vessel View Mobile?

Sorry if this has been asked, I did some searches and couldnt find my answer.

Will the G4N (Blue Tooth Enabled) be able to display info from a Mercury Vessel View mobile device?
    In other words, bypass the Nema 2000 and just go right through the bluetooth?

No you need to download an app on your phone and then bluetooth to the app.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    This is why I love this forum. I'm always finding out new things I wasn't aware of. I had no idea that Vessel View Mobile existed. In looking at it, the cheapest price I could find for the Smartcraft VesselView bluetooth module, which connects into the Mercury Smartcraft system, is $200. I already have a NEMA2000 setup connected to my Solix G2, and have it connected with the Smartcraft already, so I don't know that I see value in also having it displayed on my phone... but still nice to know.

Now to your question, I have a feeling that Humminbird would have to provide programming on the Helix/Solix/Apex control head units to do the things the mobile app does. If you look on the Bluetooth settings on these control heads, there are only specific things you can connect to and Mercury VesselView isn't one of them. I would think that Humminbird would have to specifically add this as a choice, which I doubt they would do. In my case, I have three things connected to the Bluetooth on my Solix G2... Phone, RC2 Remote, and a pair of Cannon Optimum Downriggers. There are only a few other things you can connect but they all have programming within the control head to support them.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    I think hbird should consider it! I really don’t want to add the nema for just motor info but if all it required was the Bluetooth device I’d be interested!!!! Have it display on the unit rather than my phone, over Bluetooth?! I feel like that’d be a good addition to Bluetooth tech for hbird, if they could partner with merc on it

5. Member
    My Tracker Classic XL has VERY limited console space, but I find I there's room for a phone just below the RPM gauge. I plan to velcro a cheap phone case there so I can slip the phone into it (and even have access to the charge outlet right below!) That way, I can have the Vessel View data always in view and separate from the Helix unit. That frees up a lot of screen room on the Helix, since the vessel View can display some of the same data.

I wouldn't even consider running a Mercury engine without Vessel View Mobile.