Batteries Plus X2 Plus Group 31

Can this battery be used for deep cycle trolling motor or just cranking battery.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...er/sli31agmdpm

Both, is a Dual Purpose battery.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Check with the manufacture which is Northstar. Thats one of the best AGM batteries out there and if you buy from batteries plus it has a 4 year full replacement warranty. If you buy from Northstar its 3 years and if you by the Bass Pro version, Bass Pro warranties it for 12 months full replacement then 36 months prorated. Its a no brainer to buy from Batteries Plus. That battery is a beast. Northstar customer service told me that they recommend their wet cell deep cycle battery for trolling motor service. So that is what I bought. The X2 dual purpose AGM for the engine and electronics and the wet cell deep cycle for the trolling motor.

4. Member
    Owned by Enersis. The also make Odyssey.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Check with the manufacture which is Northstar. Thats one of the best AGM batteries out there and if you buy from batteries plus it has a 4 year full replacement warranty. If you buy from Northstar its 3 years and if you by the Bass Pro version, Bass Pro warranties it for 12 months full replacement then 36 months prorated. Its a no brainer to buy from Batteries Plus. That battery is a beast. Northstar customer service told me that they recommend their wet cell deep cycle battery for trolling motor service. So that is what I bought. The X2 dual purpose AGM for the engine and electronics and the wet cell deep cycle for the trolling motor.
    What wet cell from Northstar did you buy

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Any idea why the wet cell would be recommended over the dual purpose AGM for the trolling motor?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Can this battery be used for deep cycle trolling motor or just cranking battery.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...er/sli31agmdpm
    I've been using one of these for a cranking battery for going on 5 years. Still going strong.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    What wet cell from Northstar did you buy
    I bought the group 27's listed on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRedd View Post
    Any idea why the wet cell would be recommended over the dual purpose AGM for the trolling motor?
    Cost.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    I dont know exactly the technical explanation is but they told me the AGM does not hold up as well to the deep discharge that their wet cell deep cycle does. Jones Trolling Motor told my friend the same thing about the Interstates they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRedd View Post

11. Member
    Several Hundred for the deep cycle. The AGM was around $350.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Cost.

12. Member
    The X2 is about $400 it is a pure lead battery. I had used AGM for 15 years for my trollers. They reside under my center rod locker and removing 12 or so rods and the shield to check the water and clean the terminals is not something I would do. 3 sets of 3 in 15 years. Never looked at them except to put new ones in. I did go lithium this time. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Cost.
    Certainly less expensive but with so many on here willing to pay $1000 for 1 lithium battery it doesn't seem like cost is an issue. Still surprised that the AGM with a 4 year warranty isn't recommended over the wet cell but there must be some sort of reasoning...right?

14. Member
    ttt

Somewhere between here and there, but not in the middle.
    Ive got 3 of them on my boat now. There about 3 years old and zero issues.

2007 Legend Alpha 199 / 225 ProXs

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyjunkie View Post
    Ive got 3 of them on my boat now. There about 3 years old and zero issues.
    Did you buy from Batteries Plus? If so did you buy the $99 charger from them also? Or do you use a different charger for them? Thanks !!