Thread: NFC Order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFC Order

Ok...haven't ordered from them in a couple of years but just put in an order for 10 blanks...let's see what happens.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Ok...haven't ordered from them in a couple of years but just put in an order for 10 blanks...let's see what happens.
    You should be starting on them about March.

Allen

3. Member
    Ha, you're probably not far off

4. Member
    been fairly decent lately.. I think I have averaged about 2 1/2 week for delivery on the last 2-3 orders.. not 10 blanks though

5. Member
    Had my last order from them in 5 days. They are growing and have more employees than they used to.

6. Member
    I just got a 6 blank order and it took 3 weeks from order to the door.

7. Member
    I placed two orders of this year. First was a single blank that took 6 weeks. Second was four blanks that took 2-3 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly they shipped.
    2008 Stratos 200XL - 225 Etec HO

8. Member
    I'll take 6 weeks. My last order from them which was a couple of years ago took over 3 mos...and one of the blanks was wrong...and two of the blanks had 5/8" of blank at the tip so crooked I had to cut it, not like a bow but an angle off to the side...and I think only one of the 5 or 6 blanks that I got was what I would call straight...oh and only got labels for 3 of them.

I did see that they hired some new people so hopefully things will be better. For the price...when on sale...when you get one that's straight, they're awesome blanks. If this time ends up being a clusterf^ck it'll most likely be my last order with them.

I remember talking to Steve Pitcock from there one time about one of my orders and he was talking about all the pricing benefits to the rod builder from them going to a factory direct model. I was like dude, instead of going through a couple of distributors like Mudhole and GetBit or whatever you're now going to hundreds if not thousands of distributors with each builder. Customers will wait a little while for a rod but tack another 3 months on and most aren't going to wait that long. They order something in April they tend to want to be able to fish it before August.

Honestly I probably would have ordered the 10 blanks from Hydra but right now it sounds like they barely have enough blanks (Ng's anyway) to keep up with demand for ALX's so can't get them. Happy for Alex but I'd rather be buying from him than NFC.

9. Member
    Something I didn't mention above but I did order 5 OS blanks from Hydra on Monday...I just got a shipment notification today...that's good service right there.

I hope I get some of these new blanks...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I hope I get some of these new blanks...
    I'm sure you will...you keep coming up with new stuff that I want

12. Member
    Placed an order the last day of the sale and received shipping notice on Dec 3rd. Should have them early next week. !! obviously they were in stock. Two HM blanks. I also sent an email about a previous order for 3 Delta blanks and received a same day response that the order was waiting on one of the blanks to be made.. probably not one of their common blanks..
    Things are improving it seems..

13. Member
    My last order I placed on the 3rd, was on my porch the 6th.

14. Member
    Placed an order on Nov 25th, shipped Dec. 3rd, should be here by Tomorrow Dec 11.. with the old horror stories I thought for sure I wouldn’t see it after the new year but I’ll take 7 day shipping is pretty good to me, faster than a normal TW order that’s for sure
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Placed an order on Nov 25th, shipped Dec. 3rd, should be here by Tomorrow Dec 11.. with the old horror stories I thought for sure I wouldn’t see it after the new year but I’ll take 7 day shipping is pretty good to me, faster than a normal TW order that’s for sure
    Don’t expect anything to arrive on the expected arrival date. Most everything I have shipped or bought online the last 8 months has taken a week to three weeks longer than expected. I hope it does show up for you.

16. Member
    still crickets on my order

17. Member
    Got my last order in 3 days.

18. Member
    got notice on my older order that it shipped today. right at 1 month.. all Delta rods for a high school fishing team just starting up.. It's a state HS sport in Ga. now.. hard to beat decent blanks at $37 each..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    Don’t expect anything to arrive on the expected arrival date. Most everything I have shipped or bought online the last 8 months has taken a week to three weeks longer than expected. I hope it does show up for you.
    Delivered today. Ordered Nov. 28, shipped Dec. 3rd and delivered Dec 11. Took 8 days total with all of the holiday deliveries too. Right on time of what they said it would be. I’m on the opposite coast so I thought it was pretty good. Most every package I’ve ordered has been right on time. But I also expect slower than normal deliveries with what’s going on in the world plus the holiday rush.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

20. Member
    I called for an update. 2 of the blanks I ordered are available, they gave me an upgrade option on a couple (DS blanks), another is slated to be made this week and the composite CB blanks apparently aren't on the schedule (those are actually the ones I wanted the most). I guess on a positive note I can say that I called, someone answered and I got some information which is more than I can say about previous orders.

I guess I'll get em when I get em

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast