Thread: NFC Order

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    My order shipped this week. Ordered 10/10. Some orders have been quick, some took a minute.

2. Member
    willwork4fish - I would be interested in which models you ended up with and your thoughts on how they fish, realizing this may be awhile for you to build and then review. Your thoughts against the Hydra blanks would be also helpful. I expect that the NFC will be more crisp and sensitive. I have not fished a Hydra or ALX but people say the blank is a great value at their price point. I guess the central question is to look for NFC's when they are on sale or just purchase the Hydra ones if they fish close and are in stock.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purple_champ193 View Post
    willwork4fish - I would be interested in which models you ended up with and your thoughts on how they fish, realizing this may be awhile for you to build and then review. Your thoughts against the Hydra blanks would be also helpful. I expect that the NFC will be more crisp and sensitive. I have not fished a Hydra or ALX but people say the blank is a great value at their price point. I guess the central question is to look for NFC's when they are on sale or just purchase the Hydra ones if they fish close and are in stock.
    I've built quite a few of both in the past few years, I'm guessing 30+ NFCs and definitely over 30 Hydras as well. This order of NFCs is for the following

DS6107 - Delta, MB7651 - Xray NEO, Hybrid CB705 - Zentron Delta LMX, Hybrid CB706 - Zentron Delta LMX, MB71081 - Xray LMX, MB704 - IM

The DS blanks will mainly be built as panfish rods, the MB704s will probably actually be built spinning, the 7108 is for someone who wants a deep football jig rod, the MB765 I haven't built on so I wanted to try it, same with the two different powers of the Hybrid CB...especially interested in the CB706s for bladed jigs.

NFCs fish great, several of my personal rods casting and spinning are built on NFCs. The MB7108 xray is a great pitchin stick but mainly gets used for football heads. That being said my main pitching rod is a Hydra NgFL4. I'd say that it's most likely my favorite blank period, it does a lot of things well. Just look up ALX Toadface and you'll get an idea of how versatile it is.

Right now you can't get Hydra Ng's which sucks. You can get OS blanks which are very nice at their pricepoint but not as sensitive as the Ngs.

The NFC HM's and Xrays may be more sensitive but to me I've found them to be less durable than Hydras. Like I don't fish HMs or Xrays with braid, especially when it's close quarters. The Ngs are bullet proof IMO.

If I could get Ngs right now, the only blanks I would have ordered from NFC are the CB Hybrids just because I'm looking for a lighter bladed jig blank than the Rod Geeks SG79HM.

I just prefer ALX/Hydra as a company, they definitely have better QC and Alex is a stand up guy.

4. Member
    willwork4fish - thanks for your thoughts.

5. Member
    Hey willwork was on hydra today and they are sold out of every blank. U must have gotten the last of the OS

6. Member
    We used the NFC HM blanks for Chinook salmon and steelhead fishing with no durability problems over the last 7 years. They build an Edge Chinook salmon rod on the SJ804-1(HM) blank, they aren't blowing them up.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=MetsFan9;11557497]Hey willwork was on hydra today and they are sold out of every blank. U must have gotten the last of the OS[/QUOTE

I shot Alex a message and he said he'd have Ngs available in January

8. Member
    Told me the same, havent built on a hydra yet. How do u like them.

9. Member
    How do Point Blank rod blanks compare with NFC and Hydra?

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    How do Point Blank rod blanks compare with NFC and Hydra?
    The PBs are very nice. As far as sensitivity they are probably close to the HMs. The ones I've built the most of are the 691MLXF which is my preferred dropshot blank, probably have built 15+ of them, I've got 2 I fish personally. I've also build a few 701MFs and also a few 701MHFs. They have just a touch less power than their ratings suggest, not as far off as Phenix but nothing like St. Croixs which have more power than their rating. I plan on building a 761HF this winter, based on the MH I think it will be more of a MH+ and will make a nice pitching blank cut to 7'3" or so.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    The PBs are very nice. As far as sensitivity they are probably close to the HMs. The ones I've built the most of are the 691MLXF which is my preferred dropshot blank, probably have built 15+ of them, I've got 2 I fish personally. I've also build a few 701MFs and also a few 701MHFs. They have just a touch less power than their ratings suggest, not as far off as Phenix but nothing like St. Croixs which have more power than their rating. I plan on building a 761HF this winter, based on the MH I think it will be more of a MH+ and will make a nice pitching blank cut to 7'3" or so.
    Appreciate the insights... I think you are spot on with the 761HF

12. Member
    Just got a shipment notification, blanks should be delivered on Jan 6 so right at about 6 weeks. I'm just hoping I got what I ordered and they're straight. Fingers crossed. I did order a few of the soft touch grips too so looking forward to seeing how those are.

13. Member
    Hope you got a straight blank. My XRay blank has a slight bend in it 2/3 of the way down. It’s not awful but it’s noticeable. Probably won’t affect performance but for a $250 retail blank I would expect better. For a $75 on sale blank I’m not going to put up a fight. I really don’t want to ship it back so I’ll probably just build on it anyways. First time ordering through NFC
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Hey willwork was on hydra today and they are sold out of every blank. U must have gotten the last of the OS
    OS landed Tuesday (3 weeks late) and I am working the weekend to get them QC'd and back in stock. Still working on NG stock. I'm guessing late January with a few models in sooner.

15. Member
    So I was wrong about the shipping notification, the one that I got was a shipment from Thrasher. I just saw that it was from WA and assumed it was from NFC, had actually forgotten that I ordered some stuff from Jason anyway, they showed up yesterday...those were ordered on 12/4. Emailed NFC and was told that it'll be a couple more weeks at the least.

16. Member
    If it wasn’t for their sales they’d likely not be in business
    Nitro z21

17. Member
    Finally came yesterday. 8 weeks. 4 of the blanks aren't straight as I'd like but they'll be ok. I am liking the hybrid blanks though. Look promising as a bladed jig rod but I'll have to give one a spin before I know for sure.

18. Member
    I am liking the hybrid blanks though. Look promising as a bladed jig rod but I'll have to give one a spin before I know for sure.
    Any feedback on the hybrid blank?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    Any feedback on the hybrid blank?
    I built both of them, one for myself and one for Mike Lohn (21XDC). I haven't done anything with mine yet but Mike said he thinks "it's going to be spectacular".

20. Member
    I built both of them, one for myself and one for Mike Lohn (21XDC). I haven't done anything with mine yet but Mike said he thinks "it's going to be spectacular".
    Which blank did you go with... i'm looking to get the Hybrid 7106 HM. I've had a kistler mh and didn't think it was powerful enough for the bladed jig. Thinking the heavy powered rod would be better suited.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast